Annual list

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
hows this for a list.
New Mags, thanks lance for installing that fear into me.
new brakes, new tires
new dg
new prop gov.
reseal hydrolic flap pump
new push rods for elevator and rudder
new panel cover
nose wheel bushings?
new step track
new wing walk strip
new berrings (mains)

the good news is, the engine seems fine. compression at 75 all around. i was told that was good. but dont really know. have put about 500 on it since major overhaul.
This annual is gonna cost.

Michael just a suggestion, as your attorney I suggest you have Lance pay for the new mags since he was responsible for putting the fear in you. LOL. Seriously, I find its usually the unknown that we should me most afraid of so Lance did us all a favor by alerting us to a situation that before I new NOTHING about. Paying for safety is always worth it. ( Don't make you wince any less but still worth it) Here's hoping it don't hurt too much.:fcross:

Last edited:
Michael:

Good for you!!

My approach is much like yours. My annual on the A-36 this year was pretty expensive. Almost no airworthy items. Aileron bushings, landing gear transmission and motor; lots of things that need attention in an older plane that folks just don't do unless they break. I don't wish to be caught somewhere on a trip with a major breakdown; so, I repair on a preventive basis. Last year I had the wing bolts pulled, tested, inspected and reinstalled.

I just cringe when someone tells me they did a $1,000 annual on a plane as complex and old as mine (1978). That means they either are doing a lot of maintenance on their own, a lot between annuals, or they aren't taking care of the plane. On a pre-buy, give me a log book with lots of preventive maintenance and I may pay your asking price ;-)

My plane would cost over $600,000 new. How anyone expects to maintain an asset of that cost for $1,000 a year is just beyond me. I believe it's a reason we have many of the equipment failures we do.

Dave

Last edited:
Is this what you want done or what the A&P says needs doing?

A new prop governer rather than overhaul - did you have issues?

And why replace the push rods?

ejensen said:
Is this what you want done or what the A&P says needs doing?

A new prop governer rather than overhaul - did you have issues?

And why replace the push rods?

this is what i choose to do. not the mech. Prop gov was leaking, and i am doing an overhaul on that. the push rods have a light coating of rust. so its best to fix that now rather than have it fail later. mech said it isnt bad enough to fail anytime soon, but Id feel better knowing its rust free.

Last edited:
Michael said:
this is what i choose to do. not the mech. Prop gov was leaking, and actusally i am doing an overhaul on that. the push rods have a light coating of rust. so its best to fix that now rather than have it fail later. mech said it isnt bad enough to fail anytime soon, but Id feel better knowing its rust free.

Thanks, I understand. That's what it looked like from the list you posted. Push rods aren't often an issue.

Michael, Good list and good planning. Call it common sense rather than fear :yes: . As to my paying...please ask my accountant...er spouse at Gastons :no:

BTW, do you have an engine analyzer? That should be VERY high on anyone's list.

Back