annual laptop problem

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
This time my laptop has suddenly gone mute. Will not play audio associated with mp3s or youtube etc videos for example - no audio output at all.
I did some snooping and got some error msgs; have a look.
I did try to correct using the wizard and my recovery disks to no avail.

TIA, again.

specs:
Toshiba Tecra M8 about 2008
Win XP Pro 2002 SP3

Attachments

• sound prob.JPG
    sound prob.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 25
  • sound prob2.JPG
    sound prob2.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 22
  • sound prob4.JPG
    sound prob4.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 22
  • sound prob5.JPG
    sound prob5.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 21
  • sound prob3.JPG
    sound prob3.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 20
I have a bunch of PCs and a Mac. PCs are for masochists. There are always viruses, printer problems, incessant updates, malware, and software problems of all types.

I love my mac. It is such a breath of fresh air.

Sorry to be of no help. Go back and do a restore of the system to an earlier date. Start....all programs....accessories....system tools....system restore

Bst of luck

I have a bunch of PCs and a Mac. PCs are for masochists. There are always viruses, printer problems, incessant updates, malware, and software problems of all types.

I love my mac. It is such a breath of fresh air.

Sorry to be of no help. Go back and do a restore of the system to an earlier date. Start....all programs....accessories....system tools....system restore

Bst of luck

I never get viruses on my PC.. then again I use linux though. Probably not the situation you were referring to ;) Some people like to pay a monthly protection fee on top of what they paid for the OS.

<---<^>--->

It does make the MS chimes when it starts up if that helps.

When you restore does it affect data or only configurations?

Looks like your hardware may have gone TU. Either that or something hosed up your drivers. XP outta find the right drivers though.

Apparently we have achieved a self-fix, thank you for your transcedental interventions!

K, now that we have everything operating well, how do I set a restore point. I presume this is a good idea from time to time.

Back