Annual Done!

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
The annual on the 310 took a while, but we got a lot done.

- New pilot's side window. Old one had a crack in it which, although it was repaired, whistled while flying and leaked cold air in. It got very annoying (mostly the whistle)
- Autopilot was banking 45 degrees all the time in whichever direction. Turns out that the connector on the #2 AI which feeds the AP was loose. This explains why, after the Aspen install, it never seemed to work quite as well as I thought it should. The GPSS roll steering is beautiful now, whereas before it seemed like it was far more abrupt than it ought to be
- 530 upgraded to 530W. Shot the WAAS approach into Williamsport. Works great, integrates with the Aspen beautifully. And I like having the terrain warnings
- Transponder (Collins) was giving issues squawking the wrong code. Cleaned the contacts in the transponder, working well now after two test flights talking to ATC
- Left main tank had developed a slight leak, discovered during inspection. Resealed

Test flew it today - works beautifully. :)

Next to get the radar and stormscope installed...

How big a job was the window?

How are the compressioins?

Do you help out with the annuals?

I'm looking at replacing the windscreen in the -10. I am going to try sanding / buffing first, but I have a feeling I will end up replacing it.

I like to be there during the annual and help. It saves money by having me do the inspection covers, seats, carpets, wheel pants, etc., but more important I learn more about the plane by watching the A&P. But I digress.....

Glad you are done! :D

I'm looking at replacing the windscreen in the -10. I am going to try sanding / buffing first, but I have a feeling I will end up replacing it.

This was one of the side windows. When they started looking at it they called and asked how much I wanted changed, because it was going to be a pain. My bill will reflect this, which is fine.

I like to be there during the annual and help. It saves money by having me do the inspection covers, seats, carpets, wheel pants, etc., but more important I learn more about the plane by watching the A&P. But I digress.....

I agree fully, and like to do the same. In this case, my schedule didn't allow me to be there much when they were doing the work.

Glad you are done! :D

Me, too! Took longer than hoped, but the list also grew. There are a bunch of things I didn't list that got done, too. It was a "good annual" with a lot of items getting fixed.

Back