Annual complete, what a year.

PoAdeleted5

Deleted by User Request
Well, I'm about 3/4 through my first year of airplane ownership. After overhauling the engine unexpectedly, I was looking at the annual with some trepidation. But, fortunately, I got through it and even had some extra work done. Got through the annual itself without to much bleeding. I had bought some Metco wingtips in anticipation of painting the plane. So just had the shop go ahead and install them, some AMR&D stabilator tips and some other bits of exterior trim. Made my wife happy getting those big boxes out of the house. :) Also had the SB1006 accomplished on the right tank, as the left had already been done.

So far, so good. I have to say, she's shaping up to be a pretty solid airplane. It was a relief knowing that the wing spars are fine and that there is no significant corrosion to worry about inside or out.

The engine is doing well, nothing turned up in the oil filters. Oil consumption seems to be well under control already at just 10 hours, though I'm sticking to mineral for now to be sure they are well-seated for the long haul.

Needs paint, but once that's done, this will be one of the nicer Cherokee 180's flying.

larrysb said:
Well, I'm about 3/4 through my first year of airplane ownership. After overhauling the engine unexpectedly, I was looking at the annual with some trepidation. But, fortunately, I got through it and even had some extra work done. Got through the annual itself without to much bleeding. I had bought some Metco wingtips in anticipation of painting the plane. So just had the shop go ahead and install them, some AMR&D stabilator tips and some other bits of exterior trim. Made my wife happy getting those big boxes out of the house. :) Also had the SB1006 accomplished on the right tank, as the left had already been done.

So far, so good. I have to say, she's shaping up to be a pretty solid airplane. It was a relief knowing that the wing spars are fine and that there is no significant corrosion to worry about inside or out.

The engine is doing well, nothing turned up in the oil filters. Oil consumption seems to be well under control already at just 10 hours, though I'm sticking to mineral for now to be sure they are well-seated for the long haul.

Needs paint, but once that's done, this will be one of the nicer Cherokee 180's flying.

Good on ya for stickin' with it. I hope you'll have some "before and after" pics to share.

Best of luck!

Back