Annoying shower guy - followup

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Reference this thread: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43459

Which was basically centered around a certain individual who comes to the gym and takes hour long showers, but doesn't exercise or do anything else. Well, I ended up talking to the fine Sikh gentleman, and his showering habits came up in conversation.

Turns out that he works the late night shift at a warehouse, and after his shift, he visits his .....friend for an hour or two. He described his .....friend as "heavily scented" (don't ask me to break that down any further) and on top of that she wears gobs of perfume. And, on any given night, she will likely have cooked some kind of pungent curry dish. Basically, he has to scrub himself clean of all that before he goes home, or his wife would notice. He even goes through the trouble of wearing a separate change of clothes to her house which he launders himself at the coin laundry.

He didn't really strike me as the player type (middle aged, slightly overweight, balding and geeky) but you just never know. He showed me a picture of his .....friend. Damn. Not my thing, but to each his own.

Anyway, mystery solved.

And to think you thought he was just there to upset everyone by giving them soapy toes!!!!

That's way more than I would ever want to know about anyone at my gym.

I'm impressed you asked. I'm more amazed he answered.

Ever thought about freelancing as a Private Eye? Haha. It's amazing the stuff people will just 'fess up to strangers.

$20 says his wife knows, too.

TMI.

My first thought would have been, "Gunga Din, collecting water to bring to the British troops". And my little "thought" would have stayed just that way because I'd never approach someone, especially in or near a shower. :D

And to think you thought he was just there to upset everyone by giving them soapy toes!!!!

Well, here's the thing. Our shower room isn't small - it's not like you have to worry about whacking swords together when you turn around to rinse. Yet he still manages create a big soapy pool right at the entrance of the shower. If he did his thing at the rear of the shower it would be a non issue. He's getting better at that now though.

Yeah.

I'm impressed you asked. I'm more amazed he answered.

Ever thought about freelancing as a Private Eye? Haha. It's amazing the stuff people will just 'fess up to strangers.

$20 says his wife knows, too.

I can usually call the shots pretty good. If his type resemblance leaned a tad bit closer to Fabio or Chuck Norris, I might have actually suspected that to be the case from the beginning.

TMI.

My first thought would have been, "Gunga Din, collecting water to bring to the British troops". And my little "thought" would have stayed just that way because I'd never approach someone, especially in or near a shower. :D

This conversation didn't occur in the shower! Listening to a guy describing what he just did with his junk while he's busy scrubbing it down? Dude! Ewwww! That's just wrong!

Saw an old friend at the Health Plex the other day, he's near 80. "Hey I didn't know you were coming here?" "Oh yeah, I have belonged for some time now."
"Well, I never see you working out" "Oh, I don't work out I just come here to take a shower every day, I hate our shower at home!"

Fifty bucks a month to take a shower every day. Man some people.

Dale

Icky story, but interesting premise. I wonder how many people join fitness clubs just for the showers.

A few years ago, my divorce was finalized, leaving my net worth well below zero, and five days later the company for which I worked was sold, and I was out of a job. I actually brainstormed a budget for living out of my truck, in case that became necessary. It occurred to me that a fitness club could be to me what a coin laundry was to my clothes.

Fortunately, things never got to that point, and life is much better now, but I was reminded of that week recently when I joined Planet Fitness. It's $10 a month. I think that's less than the water bill was in my one-bedroom bachelor/survival apartment.

Icky story, but interesting premise. I wonder how many people join fitness clubs just for the showers.

For a couple of years in college I lived in my car. I used the campus gym to shower, I worked out first most mornings since I was there anyway, it worked out great. Seemed like heaven compared to my tour in the service. In those days we had a fair amount of guerrilla students, not so many of the "my parents saved their whole life so I can party in luxury types".

For a couple of years in college I lived in my car. I used the campus gym to shower, I worked out first most mornings since I was there anyway, it worked out great. Seemed like heaven compared to my tour in the service. In those days we had a fair amount of guerrilla students, not so many of the "my parents saved their whole life so I can party in luxury types".

When I moved to Montana, I owned a duffle bag half full of clothes. I moved from Alaska and figured the crap I had wasn't worth the hassle so I donated it all to chairity, truck and all. My buddy owned a cabin in the wilderness in MT and I freeloaded in it for a few months, it was WAAAAAAAAAAAY out in the woods, no electricity or running water and built by fire spotters with chainsaws. The word primitive doesn't do it justice. The truck stop on the interstate started feeling sorry for me paying the 10 bucks a day to take a shower and told me if I brought my own towel I could shower for free... I don't think they knew what I was up to.

Fortunately, things never got to that point, and life is much better now,
I'm glad to hear everything is jelly-side up for you now. That must have been a wee bit on the worrisome side.

A few years ago, my divorce was finalized, leaving my net worth well below zero, and five days later the company for which I worked was sold, and I was out of a job. I actually brainstormed a budget for living out of my truck, in case that became necessary. It occurred to me that a fitness club could be to me what a coin laundry was to my clothes.

Fortunately, things never got to that point, and life is much better now, but I was reminded of that week recently when I joined Planet Fitness. It's $10 a month. I think that's less than the water bill was in my one-bedroom bachelor/survival apartment.

Glad to hear thing are better now. And I bet you didn't even need any government support to get back on your feet. It is amazing what human beings can withstand when they are willing to just dust themselves off, and get back in the game.

'Back in the old country', many city apartments didnt have a tub or shower until the 50s. The old public indoor pool had a 'public bath' section where you could rent a private stall with a tub and 2 towels for an hour for something like $1.50 (they also sold coupon books with 10 baths for less). The attendant would rinse it down with soap and bleach afterwards.

Rents were NYC-high when I went to school, one of my classmates lived out of a van, ate at the school cafeteria and used either the public bath or a healthclub for personal hygiene.

When I visited Fairbanks Alaska two summers ago I had some laundry done at a laundromat and noticed that they had showers for rent. It's the first place I'd ever seen them.

John

When I visited Fairbanks Alaska two summers ago I had some laundry done at a laundromat and noticed that they had showers for rent. It's the first place I'd ever seen them.

Any trailerpark nearby ?

Any trailerpark nearby ?

After living in Alaska for a winter, I can assure you WHEN you have water problems in the winter, you have water problems all winter. They can't fix some of them until spring so you go without water. I let my neighbors shower at my house for a couple of months due to them being without running water, I can see why this would be in Fairbanks.

After living in Alaska for a winter, I can assure you WHEN you have water problems in the winter, you have water problems all winter. They can't fix some of them until spring so you go without water. I let my neighbors shower at my house for a couple of months due to them being without running water, I can see why this would be in Fairbanks.

Used to work in northern MN. The only place I encountered a device known as the 'steam truck'. It was a truck with a steam boiler and a couple of reels with pressure lines. They could use it to thaw out wells, fire-hydrants, septic tanks and my hangar-door :thumbsup:.

Well, here's the thing. Our shower room isn't small - it's not like you have to worry about whacking swords together when you turn around to rinse.

Ahhhhhhh! Run away, Run away!!!

TMI!!!

:yikes:

Kimberly hide your eyes!!!!

:D

Used to work in northern MN. The only place I encountered a device known as the 'steam truck'. It was a truck with a steam boiler and a couple of reels with pressure lines. They could use it to thaw out wells, fire-hydrants, septic tanks and my hangar-door :thumbsup:.

My neighbor had his water main break/freeze or whatever under the ground somewhere, there was about 6' of snow and the ground was frozen solid, I'm sure if there was enough money to throw at it somebody could have fixed it. I was a single guy and so was he so it wasn't much of an issue to just give him a key to the back door and let him shower/get water until it all thawed out. It was a rental and he just ended up moving.

As an example, let's just say that I know the "air dryer" near the sinks, supposed to be used to dry your hands after you wash them, isn't just used for hands.

Enough said.

As an example, let's just say that I know the "air dryer" near the sinks, supposed to be used to dry your hands after you wash them, isn't just used for hands.

Enough said.
Ok, I have no idea what you're talking about... and maybe it's better that way! Mah eyes! Mah eyes!

Because apparently they need to be very, very dry. Even underneath.

That is NOT why they invented hand dryers for Gods sake.

Because apparently they need to be very, very dry. Even underneath.

That is NOT why they invented hand dryers for Gods sake.
Maybe they don't call them hand dryers when they're in a men's bathroom? :dunno:

Enough said.

You mean like this guy?

Last edited:
Back