ANNOUNCING WINGS OF HOPE'S LATEST AIRPLANE RAFFLE

Ken Pedersen

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Pedersen
Much to our delight and surprise our last raffle sold out in less than 23 hours! This left a lot of folks high and dry without a ticket and that gorgeous plane went to a Nebraska pilot who wasn't a member of this group! Let's fix that. We're now offering an exceptionally clean and upgraded 1965 Cessna 172F and the raffle opens 6 days from now -- Monday, Sept. 12 @ 6:00 a.m. For full details please click on: www.wingsofhope.ngo/airplane-raffle

$10k towards a panel upgrade....
Any photos of the current panel?

I am buying 3 tkts regardless but curious.

just my $.02, I'd rather see a slight increase in the ticket price but less tickets sold. I'll still get my tickets, though.

just my $.02, I'd rather see a slight increase in the ticket price but less tickets sold. I'll still get my tickets, though.
I would like to see fewer tickets and the ticket price lowered.
Any chance of just making it like 100 tickets total and maybe making them like a buck a piece?

I would like to see fewer tickets and the ticket price lowered.
Any chance of just making it like 100 tickets total and maybe making them like a buck a piece?

sounds like you are far more familiar with raffleology than me. WoH, I would go with his concept over mine, if I were you.

Lemme see here.....100 tickets @ $1.00 ea = $100.00. Hmm.....that wouldn't even cover one leg of our average medical mission. No doubt we're missing something, right? One of the main drivers of this raffle is that we're experiencing a 50% increase our volume of medical missions this year. Not sure why......but there's a lot of kids with major medical issues whose parents didn't know where to turn until they called Wings of Hope. On any weekday there's at least one of our planes in the air taking kids to and from advanced medical treatment, and at no charge, of course. ....and when a targeted care facility slots a Monday a.m. appointment for one of our patients, (or a late Friday afternoon) then we're flying on weekends too.

Eman brings up a good point though (What was WoH stand for)
I would still buy my 3 tickets even if they were ~65 each.
Now should Eman or I win this, we are both going to be like "4k, good call!"

I think the *only* tickets that should be sold are to me. For free.

I don't know how that would help as a fundraiser... but free plane. Yay!

Setting my alarm, just in case sell out goes much faster than in the spring.

I agree with whatever @eman1200 suggested.

Also if anyone here wins this, we need a goal to get the monkey a ride in this plane.

Much to our delight and surprise our last raffle sold out in less than 23 hours! This left a lot of folks high and dry without a ticket and that gorgeous plane went to a Nebraska pilot who wasn't a member of this group! Let's fix that. We're now offering an exceptionally clean and upgraded 1965 Cessna 172F and the raffle opens 6 days from now -- Monday, Sept. 12 @ 6:00 a.m. For full details please click on: www.wingsofhope.ngo/airplane-raffle

Very purdy. Still stinging from the PA-28-235. Was ONE freaking number off. Is the panel currently partially upgraded with the Garmin G5 and GTX 345? If I recall, the F model has a non-standard panel. Not quite a shotgun but not exactly a six-pack either. What does it have for radios?

Non-raffle related, can the GTX 345 be used as a GPS source for the Garmin G5?

Very purdy. Still stinging from the PA-28-235. Was ONE freaking number off. Is the panel currently partially upgraded with the Garmin G5 and GTX 345? If I recall, the F model has a non-standard panel. Not quite a shotgun but not exactly a six-pack either. What does it have for radios?

Non-raffle related, can the GTX 345 be used as a GPS source for the Garmin G5?
I'm a bit out of my element but let's see if this addresses labbadabba's question: 1) Current radio is a dual Terra navcom -- TX 720 Comm and TN 200 Nav. No doubt you'll want to use some of the $10,000 credit to replace this system with one of your choice. 2) We will deliver this plane with the Garmin G5 (which has an internal GPS) and the Garmin GTX 345 w/GPS. Neither are on the plane now but both are on order and will be installed prior to delivery.

I'm a bit out of my element but let's see if this addresses labbadabba's question: 1) Current radio is a dual Terra navcom -- TX 720 Comm and TN 200 Nav. No doubt you'll want to use some of the $10,000 credit to replace this system with one of your choice. 2) We will deliver this plane with the Garmin G5 (which has an internal GPS) and the Garmin GTX 345 w/GPS. Neither are on the plane now but both are on order and will be installed prior to delivery.
Thx!

So $10,000 for avionics. What would y'all spend $10K on so I have some ideas of what I want to put in it, Garmin 403a? What's a 750 run? I was thinking of maybe leopard skin interior maybe, some Cheech n Chong accessories inside too. Can you get hydraulics on a plane's structs so it can bounce taxing like those cars in Calif do? That'd be cool.

leopard.jpe leopard seat.jpe

Can you write it off on taxes as a donation? Probably not, but the feds don't mind taxing yo ass if you win it. :rolleyes:

Can you write it off on taxes as a donation? Probably not, but the feds don't mind taxing yo ass if you win it. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, since you're getting something for that $125 (a raffle ticket), it's not deductible. However, if you win a prize, you can deduct the $125 off of that. Hope that helps!!

From what I understand, since you're getting something for that $125 (a raffle ticket), it's not deductible. However, if you win a prize, you can deduct the $125 off of that. Hope that helps!!

Ha! I'm sure that will help offset the tax on the plane. :D

Back