Announcing vfrmap.com

Moving to classifieds.

Hey, that works pretty well. . .

neat!

If you're looking for feature suggestions, being able to search for VORs and intersections would be nice.

Very simple and easy to use. I wonder if there is any chance of being able to print selected areas.

I like it -- will use it a lot. It works well with my iPod Touch.

Just one question -- why is my home airport (KVUO, Vancouver WA) not in the system? Entering KVUO gets an "Airport code not found" message, and there is no colored dot on the airport symbol. Smaller, less busy airports nearby are all in the system ...

I like it -- will use it a lot.

Just one question -- why is my home airport (KVUO, Vancouver WA) not in the system? Entering KVUO gets an "Airport code not found" message, and there is no colored dot on the airport symbol. Smaller, less busy airports nearby are all in the system ...

I saw an e-mail address in the "about" link above, not sure if the guy is monitoring here.

Currently, the site only displays and searches airports listed in the AFD, and for some reason KVUO is not there (seems strange, it's a pretty big airport).

I like it -- will use it a lot. It works well with my iPod Touch.

Currently, the site only displays and searches airports listed in the AFD, and for some reason KVUO is not there (seems strange, it's a pretty big airport).
????

VUO-AFD.jpg

I think I see the problem. There appears to be a typo in the A/FD ... The identifier in the first line looks like "VU0" (VU-zero) instead of "VUO".

Oh, brother. I bet that's why VFRMAP isn't picking it up. :rolleyes:

????

I think I see the problem. There appears to be a typo in the A/FD ... The identifier in the first line looks like "VU0" (VU-zero) instead of "VUO".

Oh, brother. I bet that's why VFRMAP isn't picking it up. :rolleyes:

You are right -- that was a typo in the AFD. KVUO should now work.

Great job! Works well on my Droid X. Only wish pinch / zoom worked on the mobile, other than that it's terrific.

Any chance we'll ever be able to draw a line on it? :D

Actually, what I really miss about runwayfinder being gone is that I no longer have a good way to draw a circle of a specified radius around a specified point.

I like the site, though - Good work! :yes:

BTW - What's the difference between "Hybrid VFR" and "Sectionals?" :dunno:

Ok, what is this supposed to do for me? I can't even place a lay line on it.

With Hybrid VFR on the charts change when you zoom in and out from WAC to SEC to TAC (if the spot you are looking at has a TAC).

Yeah, I noticed that too, and like that feature. Try it on the west side of Denver's Class B, and notice how the terrain features come into play as you zoom in.

Would you like cheese and crackas with that whine, dude? Just change the freakin channel !

Would you like to be told "F*ck off C*nt"? I see a pretty useless product that considers "The World" to be a select potion of the North American quadrant of the globe. You can have your opinion and I can tell you to shove it up your a$$. I just want to know what this thing is supposed to do for me.

Would you like to be told "F*ck off C*nt"? I see a pretty useless product that considers "The World" to be a select potion of the North American quadrant of the globe. You can have your opinion and I can tell you to shove it up your a$$. I just want to know what this thing is supposed to do for me.

I'm guessing it will do absolutely nothing for you. GET F-ING OVER IT!

I'm guessing it will do absolutely nothing for you. GET F-ING OVER IT!

I was over it about a minute and a half after I clicked on the link, I was hoping maybe somebody could point out something I had missed, hasn't happened, all I got was a smart a$$ed comment from you.

I see a pretty useless product that considers "The World" to be a select potion of the North American quadrant of the globe.

Henning, I think you are misinterpreting the "World VFR" selection. By selecting "World VFR" it will just show the WAC (World Aeronautical Charts) not, the whole world. I agree that it could be labeled better, but I guess they assumed that most pilots would understand what they meant (It took me a little time to figure out what they meant).

I see a pretty useless product that considers "The World" to be a select potion of the North American quadrant of the globe.

I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that outside of the US, the various aviation authorities that publish such maps hold copyrights and do not offer them for free for digital download as the FAA does.

[abusive portion removed...I'm not getting into that part of the thread on either side of it!]

I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that outside of the US, the various aviation authorities that publish such maps hold copyrights and do not offer them for free for digital download as the FAA does.

[abusive portion removed...I'm not getting into that part of the thread on either side of it!]

Ok, still not seeing anything I don't get from DTC DUAT, but a lot less....

Seems to be a really handy site for iPad display. I like the single tap to flip between chart and A/FD display. Quick and easy. Seems a little buggy when double tapping to zoom in from big WAC views, but they'll probably fix that in time. For what it does, it's clearly easier to use than DUATS on a mobile device. I like it.

Back