Animated Avatars

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Whew, took some time, but i finally figured out how to make my new avatar. :dance:

If anyone wants one like mine, send me your mug shot, and I'll make one for you.

Michael

rpadula said:
Hey, that's pretty cool, but where's the fire? :)

Hehe, I know, I lost fireboy. Redid my puter a few weeks back and forgot to save him. Maybe someone has a copy.

rpadula said:
Hey, that's pretty cool, but where's the fire? :)

Speaking of avatars, I've been dying to ask.... is that a pancake? On a rabbit?? :dunno:

Okay, so maybe it's a hat???

T Bone said:
Speaking of avatars, I've been dying to ask.... is that a pancake? On a rabbit?? :dunno:
Yep, it is. Here's my explanation from another thread. Maybe I need to make a FAQ....

-Rich

rpadula said:
I found that picture on Fark in one of the Photoshop contests. There was text on it that said "I have no idea what you're talking about...so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head." Cracks me up every time.

The rest of the story is that it fits with my theories of "levels of comedy." The basest level is physical humor: Tom & Jerry cartoons, the Three Stooges, etc. The next level up is what I call "juxtaposition of incongruous items" - things that make absolutely no sense together, but look damn funny when they do. Ergo, bunny with a pancake on its head.

Dunno what levels are above that, because I don't think men's brains function that high :D

Back