Angels out T-birds in.

I saw the T-Birds at Seymour Johnson earlier this year & they were AWESOME!!!!! Not to mention they have chick pilot.

If they T-Birds aren't actually basing out of the airport where the show is taking place, find out where they ARE basing out of and go watch them BEFORE their show. The preflight and actually getting into the planes is as synch'd up as their flying.

I got to work on the volunteer ground crew a few years back when they were flying at the Davenport (Quad Cities) Airshow, but were actually landing/fueling/etc. at Moline across the river. You could pretty much set your watch with their cadence (sp?). They even did a mini-show for those of us on the ground at MLI b/c we didn't get to see their full show.

Their flying in the 'full' show was pretty darn good, too. ;)

-Chris

If they T-Birds aren't actually basing out of the airport where the show is taking place, find out where they ARE basing out of and go watch them BEFORE their show. The preflight and actually getting into the planes is as synch'd up as their flying.
That "precision chocking" as we call it is done by the Blue Angels, too! Saw that at Boca Chica (Key West Naval Air Station). And you need to watch their announcer. He stands there, ram-rod straight, with someone holding the cards in front of him. He has almost no expression on his face, but is voice is full of excitement. Weird!

They're both great, though we have a bias towards the T-Birds because Leslie's father is retired USAF. We've been lucky and antually been to an airshow where they were BOTH flying! (Actually, all THREE. The Canadian Snowbirds were there too!) Dayton, OH for the centennial of aviation in 2003. They don't do that frequently!

If they T-Birds aren't actually basing out of the airport where the show is taking place, find out where they ARE basing out of and go watch them BEFORE their show.

If I'm not mistaken, Tbirds are at Nellis in Vegas and Angels are at El Centro.

I'll take the Blue Angels, anyday... maybe I'm a biased Navet. :yes:

By the way, I still miss them flying the A-4E Skyhawks... a LOT sweeter than the Hornets!

....and here's an irony on the East coast. After the Blue Angels, in 2005, appeared at NAS Brunswick -- which is scheduled to close in 2011 -- the media reported that it might have been their last appearance at NASB. When the recently-posted 2007 schedule appeared on-line, what was right in the middle of September but Blue Angels in Brunswick, Maine. I quickly forwarded the information to the managing editor of the local daily paper..

HR

First they give Miramar to the marines, and now they give the airshow to the TBirds? What IS this world coming to?

Back