Angel Flight pilot in fatal crash on way to pick up passenger

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Paul Harris, one of the founding members of the Great Lakes Wing of Angel Flight Central, crashed and was killed Wednesday on his way to pick up an Angel Flight passengers in Findlay OH. I just met his wife earlier this month. She has been, for the fifth year, helping put together the annual Give Hope Wings benefit dinner that is scheduled to be held October 20th. In fact, she's the chair of that event.

My condolences to her, their family, and the Angel Flight community.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-ap-il-smallplanecrash,1,343107.story

That is so so sad. I'd be interested to find out what happened. A sad loss, regardless.

A sad loss in one of the greatest contributors to general aviation. Mr. Harris knew what it was all about and lived it in his heart.

Sir, fair weather flying west.

That is so so sad. I'd be interested to find out what happened. A sad loss, regardless.

Who knows, perhaps a medical emergency of his own. Construction crew said plane was "spiraling out of control" So freakin sad. Barry put it best I guess. Peace and comfort to his family.:(

I fear seeing a picture of him. Paul had too be a hangar neighbor of mine.

Such bad news.

A real tragedy particularly since he was in the midst of giving of himself. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

Anthony

Lifeline just gave a donation to the scholarship fund in his memory.

Back