Andre the Giant Day

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
With Halloween approaching, I thought that Andre the Giant Day should coincide with the anniversary of the release of The Princess Bride. Using my expansive influence as a Yorkville City Councilman, I have asked the Mayor to consider naming September 25, 2008, as Andre the Giant Day in the United City of Yorkville, Illinois.
September 25, 1987 was the day when The Princess Bride was released in movie theatres. Do you think I should suggest a date in October for Andre the Giant Day?
"I want you to feel you are doing well," Andre the Giant said in The Princess Bride. "No one should die in shame.":drama:
:blueplane:

With Halloween approaching, I thought that Andre the Giant Day should coincide with the anniversary of the release of The Princess Bride. Using my expansive influence as a Yorkville City Councilman, I have asked the Mayor to consider naming September 25, 2008, as Andre the Giant Day in the United City of Yorkville, Illinois.
September 25, 1987 was the day when The Princess Bride was released in movie theatres. Do you think I should suggest a date in October for Andre the Giant Day?
"I want you to feel you are doing well," Andre the Giant said in The Princess Bride. "No one should die in shame.":drama:
:blueplane:

As you wish.

Dan

I took a picture of him years ago holding my Pentax 6x7 which looked like a regular 35mm SLR in his hands. That man put away V.O. by the big pump top bottle as well.

Andre the Giant came into a bar I worked in on 42nd St in NYC around 1982. He was the biggest human i've ever seen. A mug of beer was like a shot glass in his hand. We had a dinner special: Roast beef with mashed potatoes and vegetables, $3.99; he had 10 dinners!:cheerswine:

Back