And you thought our administration was wacko...

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
From Avweb earlier this week:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]Alien Technology Solution To Aviation Pollution?[/FONT]

ufo.jpg
A former Canadian defense minister, worried about pollution of the atmosphere by fossil-fuel emissions, has asked governments around the world to stop hoarding their secret alien technologies and use them to stem global warming. "We need to persuade governments to come clean on what they know," Paul Hellyer, 83, told theOttawa Citizen. "Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough." Presumably, the advanced technology, gleaned from captured UFOs, would help airplanes to fly with less pollution, and maybe save money, too. Hellyer has told the press in the past that he believes UFOs are real visitors from other planets, and also that he believes President Bush wants to send men to the moon so they can build a military base in case aliens threaten the earth.

and also that he believes President Bush wants to send men to the moon so they can build a military base in case aliens threaten the earth.

Yeah, because if aliens travel hundred or thousands of light years to invade earth, they won't have a capability to check the moon on the way in.

Sing with me....

Oooooooooooooh Caaaaaaaaaaaaana-DUH!

well that sounds perfectly reasonable.

Yeah, because if aliens travel hundred or thousands of light years to invade earth, they won't have a capability to check the moon on the way in.

Sing with me....

Oooooooooooooh Caaaaaaaaaaaaana-DUH!

Well, we do know that they've come hundreds/thousands of lightyears just to get shot down by a Sidewinder. :rolleyes: I'm surprised you didn't know that Ed. :D

What makes him think that we haven't already utilized their technology to do exactly that in the last 50 years? :dunno:

Canada's Defense Ministry has a colorful history.

I read some of the history of the Avro Arrow long range supersonic fighter Canada was developing in the 1950s. The Defense Ministry and the politicians made it a pawn in their political infighting, then the PM abruptly canceled the program ostensibly for the same reason the B-70 was canceled: missiles made them obsolete. The head of Avro, taken by surprise, promptly fired 14,000 employees, and a further 16,000 who worked for subcontractors were layed off, a massive blow to one of Canada's largest industries. Soon after, all documents and almost every piece of the few prototype aircraft were destroyed, partly due to fear of Soviet espionage attempts.

Ok, back to whacko politicians:

"The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say, `Well, I read a science fiction novel that told me it's not a problem.' If the crib's on fire, you don't speculate that the baby is flame retardant. You take action."

Canada's Defense Ministry has a colorful history.

I read some of the history of the Avro Arrow long range supersonic fighter Canada was developing in the 1950s. The Defense Ministry and the politicians made it a pawn in their political infighting, then the PM abruptly canceled the program ostensibly for the same reason the B-70 was canceled: missiles made them obsolete. The head of Avro, taken by surprise, promptly fired 14,000 employees, and a further 16,000 who worked for subcontractors were layed off, a massive blow to one of Canada's largest industries. Soon after, all documents and almost every piece of the few prototype aircraft were destroyed, partly due to fear of Soviet espionage attempts.

It's fairly well known that the AVRO Arrow was cancelled by the PM, John Diefenbaker as a result of pressure from the US.

Back