And they closed ISZ for this....

That streetcar project is completely ridiculous and a waste of taxpayer dollars no matter how you pay for it.

Especially closing ISZ...

Well I guess this would be a good time for my first post.....

It is ridiculous the whole street car project. Why do we need to connect OTR with the Banks? It's pretty much walking distance and we have a perfectly capable bus system. Oh wait Mallory's family stands to gain from this project. No wonder they already bought the streetcars. By the time they install the tracks. The cars will be antiquated.

It is so frustrating to see the city shutdown Blueash. It was a nice relief from Lunken's ridiculous prices. (However the flight school there is great).

It is ridiculous the whole street car project. Why do we need to connect OTR with the Banks? It's pretty much walking distance and we have a perfectly capable bus system. Oh wait Mallory's family stands to gain from this project. No wonder they already bought the streetcars. By the time they install the tracks. The cars will be antiquated.

It is so frustrating to see the city shutdown Blueash. It was a nice relief from Lunken's ridiculous prices. (However the flight school there is great).

3.6 miles hasn't been walking distance for an American in like 15 years. $37 Million per mile seems like a deal to me. :mad2:

I'm in a pool,

Betting on how long before the first murder takes place on street car.

So tell us about what they had to do after they closed it. :rofl::rofl:

Oh you mean that they sold it,
Then found out they couldn't use the money for the street car,
So the FAA called and told them to:
Refund the money and reverse the sale,
Then close it
Then sell the land

And out ASN volunteer painted the first x on the runway with a smile, just for icing on the cake.

The Cincinnati Streetcar will be just like the Cincinnati Subway from the 40's. Yes Cincinnati has a half finished subway system long ago abandoned and now used for document storage.

I few select contractors will get huge sums to build something and it will never open. Cincinnati politics at its finest.

The Cincinnati Streetcar will be just like the Cincinnati Subway from the 40's. Yes Cincinnati has a half finished subway system long ago abandoned and now used for document storage.

I few select contractors will get huge sums to build something and it will never open. Cincinnati politics at its finest.

At least this will be a visible failure.

Not that it will help. Remember when they passed term limits? Now the same *******s just change hats every few years

Welcome to POA...:cheers:

At least this will be a visible failure.

Not that it will help. Remember when they passed term limits? Now the same *******s just change hats every few years

Did they end up selling the city parking to a private company? :nono:

Seems to be the whole area. I remember having all sorts of issues with the Middletown Building inspectors. Always telling me how to design my systems.

I got so mad at them once I told the chief inspector to not forget Middletown tried to make a Mall out of a street and a lake out of a river.

In the 60's Middletown enclosed the main street and tried to make a mall out of it. The problem was there were no name stores to pull people in. they tore it down in the 90's. In the 80's they tried to create Lake Middletown out of a wide spot in the river. Every time they made a little headway the silt would fill the excavation back in. Just like what a river does. After tens of thousands in fined from the EPA they finally gave up.

Both were major fails.

I don't go to the city, but I think they did.

At least the fountain square garage doesn't smell of urine anymore.

So they essentially sold (or leased) assets to meet city operating expenses. The parking was revenue generating as it was... the only ways they can squeeze more money out are 1) to allow the private operator to raise rates. A lot. Or 2) reduce maintenance/use cheaper labor in the administration (cut jobs/wages).

Meantime, they want to spend tens of millions on the streetcars, no?

Build a streetcar in one of the highest crime areas,

Cut police funding...

Build a streetcar in one of the highest crime areas,

Cut police funding...

Streetcars are apparently the latest fashion statement for cities with funding and crime problems, Atlanta's will be open soon! :mad2:

Don't get me started

I'm with you there. Last time I drove by it looked like an orphanage... besides, Cincy has been trying to build a mass transit system since 1918 I think... why wouldn't it work this time. :mad2:

Are you a city planner by chance? :lol::lol::lol:

Naw, but I have regularly shot down at specious economic fantasies that are used to justify investments. There are a million more where this came from. ("Build it and they will come").

Cincy has a LONG and embarrassing history of this sort of thing. They tried to do it when some members of City Council wanted to put the new ballpark on the edge of OTR instead of the river front (common sense prevailed and the new park was built near/same site as the old one). The Cincinnati subway is a classic example - read the history of why that was abandoned.

Cincy had street cars from the ~1900 until ~1950. Financial failure. Yes, they work in Europe, but the US is not Europe. And the ones in Europe are heavily subsidized.

Public transit requires a high population density in a small area. Cincinnati has neither.

Guess what they put in the spot they wanted to build the stadium?

For those not from around here this is adjacent to the jail...

Did they end up selling the city parking to a private company? :nono:

No last I heard it was blocked by a judge. They were collecting signatures to reverse the deal that most people from the area thinks is a terrible idea.

Yea.....I am sitting in Bw's right across the street from there right now and all they have done with it is fence it off and paint x's on the runways. There is still a 172 parked in the back 40 though.

No last I heard it was blocked by a judge. They were collecting signatures to reverse the deal that most people from the area thinks is a terrible idea.

Yea.....I am sitting in Bw's right across the street from there right now and all they have done with it is fence it off and paint x's on the runways. There is still a 172 parked in the back 40 though.

Well they did make "summit park"

That involved tearing out trees and down a hangar, not much else though:mad2:

Our old hangar is now the facilities maintenance building and full of trucks

Back