And sometimes you don't even have to land

wabower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Wayne
(until you get back home) to enjoy flying around for a while.

I can count on one hand the times I've just gone out and flown for an hour or so with no destination in mind, nothing to do and no reason to go other than it was a nice day and I wanted to.

Couldn't put a lunch deal together (might have worked better if I'd asked around before 1230 lcl) but hooked up with Allen Gilbert for a very enjoyable sashay around the Texoma area. We looked for private airports (that showed up on the 696) but didn't find some of them, then just flew and gabbed for an hour or so. Don't really know how long, but one of those days that causes me to remember why I started doing this stuff in the first place.

Dear Wayne,

You suck.

This is what it looks like here. :frown3:

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 43
Sound like most of my flights in the sailplane, Only difference is I tend to go for 4 hours instead of 1. Might as well stay up as long as I want to, after I pull the release handle the dollar meter stops.

Brian

Yeah...VERY foggy and drizzly here.

Heck is it Atlanta or Seattle? I cannot figure it out. LOL

Come join us next time. I want to see you get that thing home from the lake at 1,800'. :D

Sound like most of my flights in the sailplane, Only difference is I tend to go for 4 hours instead of 1. Might as well stay up as long as I want to, after I pull the release handle the dollar meter stops.

Brian

(until you get back home) to enjoy flying around for a while.

I can count on one hand the times I've just gone out and flown for an hour or so with no destination in mind, nothing to do and no reason to go other than it was a nice day and I wanted to.

Couldn't put a lunch deal together (might have worked better if I'd asked around before 1230 lcl) but hooked up with Allen Gilbert for a very enjoyable sashay around the Texoma area. We looked for private airports (that showed up on the 696) but didn't find some of them, then just flew and gabbed for an hour or so. Don't really know how long, but one of those days that causes me to remember why I started doing this stuff in the first place.

Sounds like my favorite kind of flying. :) Wednesday and Thursday are looking warmer, so I will probably go flying then...don't know where...just flying. :)

It could become habit-forming if you're not careful.

Sounds like my favorite kind of flying. :) Wednesday and Thursday are looking warmer, so I will probably go flying then...don't know where...just flying. :)

Mmmm, a pilot who doesn't seem interested in landing. Must be a terrorist.:D

Dude. There's a difference between not wanting to and not knowing how.:p

Mmmm, a pilot who doesn't seem interested in landing. Must be a terrorist.:D

A couple of the local pilots here used to have an interesting flight-planning approach to their flying vacation. They would just fly whichever direction the wind was blowing every day. That might be kinda fun! :yes:

If I ever get my plane back, perhaps I might lure you out for such a jaunt.

And Allen's a good one bring along, too.

Spike, I haven't been reading all the threads lately...what's up with your Bo? Is it broken???

...only a little bit. Just in an extended annual. The end is near, though... :D

A couple of the local pilots here used to have an interesting flight-planning approach to their flying vacation. They would just fly whichever direction the wind was blowing every day. That might be kinda fun! :yes:

I just point my plane at the bluest sky. I've always ended up where I need to be!

Barb

Back