And now for something a little different...

RedChops

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RedChops
Most people are on this forum asking how to get their medical. I was in that boat too. After two months of fooling around with the FAA and the USPS, I'm now a happy owner of my medical certificate!

My question for you all is this: The FAA sent me a nice, crisp letter laying down some information and a....well I'd say photocopy of questionable quality for the medical certificate. Quality aside, how do you all keep this ever-important piece of paper from turning in to pulp in your bag over the course of 5 years? Laminate it? Keep it in a file and just not carrying it with while flying? Multiple photocopies in rotation?

I have a special airplane wallet that stays in the aircraft. It contains my pilot certificate (which looks suspiciously like a license), my medical, my membership cards for AOPA and EAA, a wallet knife, a wallet-sized multitool and a blank cheque for emergencies.

Found one of those vinyl photo sleeves at the craft store and taped that to inside cover of logbook. Then slid the medical certificate into that.

Also took a photo of it and uploaded to digital logbook.

A digital reproduction of a certificate issued by the administrator is valid, in copy
Only the original hand signed certificate issued by a designee, is valid.

I print 'em on 28 lb paper.

These are all some fantastic ideas! The inside-logbook and AggieMike's idea of the vinyl photo sleeves gave me another idea: getting one of those resealable packing list envelopes with the full back adhesive. A little more secure than tape I'd think and that bad boy aint going anywhere.

Dr. Bruce, also a good idea about the heavy paper. I might have to make a trip to the craft section and pick up some heavy card stock

I keep a hard copy of mine in the plane and a digital copy on my phone.

digital! Same for items required for any type of traffic stop! Also rabies certificate for my dog!

digital! Same for items required for any type of traffic stop! Also rabies certificate for my dog!

Woah the police around you are alright with digital identification? I think the ones around me might book me on the spot! Though I live near a college town, so they tend to always be a little on edge.

Woah the police around you are alright with digital identification? I think the ones around me might book me on the spot! Though I live near a college town, so they tend to always be a little on edge.
The police in my area seem to be alright with digital exams.

Easy there Cowboy. You have to have your medical and certificate with you when you fly.

You don't keep them in your logbook do you? Do a quick search on "carrying your logbook when you fly."

It's like debating Beef Ribs vs. Pork Ribs. Neither will kill you, but damn... people have some STRONG preferences.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back