And now for an impression...

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
@denverpilot trying to use twitter for the first time ;)

@TheRealDP: Watching the news today, I find myself wondering if perhaps the media has once again taken a situation that is to some ex

@TheRealDP: Weird, it didn't post my whole comment. What I was trying to say is that with this latest story about the thing that hap

@TheRealDP: I think twitter might be down. Where do I go to let them know that only small snippets of what I post are showing in my

@TheRealDP: You've got to be ******* kidding me. 120 characters???????????? This is completely useless to anyone with even half a br

@TheRealDP: How the **** am I supposed to use this thing? Totally useless. My password to login to my computer is more than 120 char

@TheRealDP: DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT Who are you people that are able to use t

@TheRealDP: I can post video, images, and but text which is the smallest thing in the digital world and that for some reason is taxi

@TheRealDP: For ****'s Sake!!!!
This must be for 2 year olds
How is this even a thing?
^ There, less than 120 characters. Suck it tw

@TheRealDP: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha. Funny stuff. But Twitter is 140 characters, as I recall.

I still post using this:

keypunch2.jpg

It's a ***** total when drop I the deck card.

It's a ***** total when drop I the deck card
1) Use the comment field to number the cards as you punch them - then you just run them through the sorter if necessary.
2) Take a magic marker and draw a diagonal line across the top of the deck when it is done.

1) Use the comment field to number the cards as you punch them - then you just run them through the sorter if necessary.

IF you had a sorter. Back in the days, the cave had several keypunches, a card reader, and a printer. And the ribbons on the keypunches were mostly trash, so you'd have to hold the cards up to light to read them. Luckily, by the end of school, we actually had B&W terminals that stored electronic card decks.

I used to repair those for a living, when I first joined IBM. I still have all the parts and tools for it. I occasionally get a call from the IBM Museum folks to repair an item going out on tour.
I still post using this:

keypunch2.jpg

I still post using this:

keypunch2.jpg

On the plus side, for tweets it's only two cards, max.

And I always liked the insertion trick: dup the card up to the insert point, hold the source card to keep it from advancing while you type the insertion on the new card, then release th source card and dup the rest.

I went back to school in 1990 to finish my BSCS and in my first programing class, the professor walked around and solemnly handed each student an 80 column card to we could see what they were. I didn't tell him how many boxes I'd used up in the early parts of my education and career.

John

What's a twitter? *shrug*
If it doesn't make my airplane faster or AvGas cheaper, I don't care.
Now let's go fly!
A twitter is a twit that makes their twit behavior available for all to view. In fact they call attention to it.

Back