and..My dog is gone.

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse

news said:
KASSON -- After allegedly speeding through nine intersections, hitting a dog and trying to run over a police officer, a 19-year-old Kasson driver reportedly told officers, "I was drunk and stupid, what can I say?"
Trevor Earl Lynn Broitzman was charged Monday in Dodge District Court with three felonies, including first-degree assault, first-degree criminal damage to property and fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle. He also faces two gross misdemeanor charges that include criminal vehicular operation and third-degree driving while impaired.
Kasson Police Chief David Johnson said the incident highlights how an ordinary traffic stop can become dangerous.
"When you flip on the red lights, you never know how it is going to go. You can have a routine call or it can turn into something ugly," he said.
The suspect "ran over a dog and tried to hit one of my officers," Johnson said. "He had no regard for life or limb."
According to the criminal complaint, the incident began around 12:30 a.m. Sunday when a Kasson police officer saw Broitzman driving a car on the grass and then squealing his tires near East Main and Second Avenue in Kasson. The officer turned on his lights to make a traffic stop. But Broitzman sped off, traveling up to 70 mph on city streets. Along the way, he crashed into two cars, killed an officer's pet dog and ran stop signs at nine intersections. He drove into a ditch along U.S. 14 west, traveling up to 126 mph.
He then headed south on Dodge County Road 9 and pulled into a driveway, the complaint says. A Dodge County deputy pulled in front of Broitzman's vehicle and a Kasson police officer parked behind. Broitzman rammed his car into the deputy's squad, put his car in reverse and smashed it into the officer's squad as he was getting out, according to the complaint. The officer jumped out of the way to avoid being pinned. The officer tried to pull Broitzman from the vehicle, but he drove off.
He headed north on County Road 9, then east on U.S. 14 and took the exit ramp into Kasson. He swerved off the roadway to avoid a squad car, and his vehicle got stuck. He got out of his vehicle, ran and was caught by officers, the complaint says.
Dodge County Sheriff Gary Thompson praised officers for the chase's peaceful end.
"It's one of those situations where you cannot allow that car to get back into town," he said. "There's a huge potential for some pretty serious injuries. They had to get him to stop."
Broitzman is being held at the Steele County Detention Center in Owatonna. Bail has been set at $100,000.
http://www.post-bulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?a=256257

My little sister left the door open and my dog got out. I know that he could have been killed either way...But I somehow feel the chances would have been much less if some 5#$@ing drunk wouldn't have been going 100 mph down residential streets at night.

heh.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the guy gets what's coming to him. Sigh. Why do people abuse alcohol so much.. and more so, why do teenagers seem to think it's "cool" to get drunk? Bah.

Sorry to hear that Jesse. I hope they throw that drunk in jail for a long time.

Bet he was a nice dog, Jess. Sorry to see that happened.

alaskaflyer said:
"I was drunk and stupid, what can I say?"

Well, at least he was honest :rofl:

Sorry about your dog jesse. Yes he honest but what would he have done if the dog was a 6 or 7 year old child. This statement he made just dont hold water for me. BTW Yes i drink occasionally,but when i do i stay home.Drinking and Driving just dont cut it,especially now since i have my PPL.
Dave G:blueplane:

oh Jesus, Jesse. I'm sorry man. That guy needs to die.

Jesse,

I am sorry to hear about one of your family members yes family member that how I treat my crazy dog. I know what it feels like to lose something so special.

Bob

Sorry for your loss Jesse. I am a mother of 2 labs myself, and they give me a hard time, but I couldn't imagine life with out them.

Jesse, I'm so sorry about your dog. :( How sad for you to lose your pet, and in such a senseless way.

Hey Jesse, sorry about the pup. I know I'd miss my friend if something happened to him.
The problem with drinking and driving is the penalties for doing so don't match the threats that they cause.

D*mn, Jesse - that's really terrible, man. Honestly, I would find myself in a world of trouble if some self-centered, arrogant, don't-give-a-d*mn, good-for-nothing punk drunkard killed one of my dogs . . .

I would have to make a concerted effort to stay away from that jerk. For years.

Oh, me too. He looks like a wonderful pup, full of spirit. I am so sorry for you, and the pup. I hope it was quick. Why do people have to be such idiots? He didn't even sound remorseful.

Judy

"I was drunk and stupid, what can I say?"
How about "I accept my punishment and jail time as a first step in my punishment and rehabilitation, I see no reason to use try and weasel out of paying for my transgressions by using lame excuses."

My guess is that he will just go to rehab, and get probation.

BTW Jesse so sorry about your dog :(:(
Loosing pets is really hard
http://www.petloss.com/ helps

Last edited:
Jesse,

My sincerest condolences on the loss of a good friend.

I hope this guy gets a good long sentence for his criminal stupidity.

Jesse, know that your furry friend is now chasing balls and eating the best food and that he is waiting for you across the bridge. You will see him again, and he will be just as loving and friendly as he ever was. Unconditional love. Tail wagging, licking your face..."where have you been? it's time to play!"

I never thought that losing a pet - just a dumb old dog - would ever affect me, but losing mine was one of the hardest times I had for a long time. I understood when my dad died. It was his time. But my pup? I just could not get that.

I hope the loser who killed yours does some serious hard time. He put many lives at risk.

Dogs are family. Sigh.

:(

Really sorry about your pup, Jesse. I've only lost dogs to old age, and that was hard. Can't imagine a sudden loss of a pup.

I think there are times when street justice should prevail. This
is one of those.

Sorry about your dog.

RT

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I hope he gets extra time on the property damage charge (that one's your dog).
Maybe the judge will make that one consecutive.

Sorry about your dog :( .... glad your Dad is ok. Chases like that can be a tad dangerous.

Yeah, he was "drunk and stupid" well, stupidity should be painful and hopefully he'll get a long painful dose in various ways from that drunken stupidity that might make at least a miniscule amount of change for the good.

All dogs go to heaven, Jesse. We can only hope to join them there someday...

So sorry for your loss of a family member.

Jim G

Thank you everyone. I apprecate it.

Back