And another

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
This was on my long X-C, way back when I was getting ready for my IR test. http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1206/05263LA.PDF

No GPS. I had to fly from FLINT to the NDB (yes, using the ADF), make a sharp turn to get on the localizer.

Since GPS can substitute for an NDB, how would you fly this approach without vectors?

With a GPS? Direct QUTEE, then follow the GPS steering outbound for the PT.
Without GPS but with ADF? Direct CBE, then 060 to join the localizer outbound for the PT.

With a GPS? Direct QUTEE, then follow the GPS steering outbound for the PT.
Without GPS but with ADF? Direct CBE, then 060 to join the localizer outbound for the PT.

That's what I thought.

I'm glad I had to do this the "hard way," but I'm also thankful for GPS!

Oh quiz time, why is this approached called Loc-A when the final approach course aligns with runway 23? Shouldn't it be Loc-23 ;)

Oh quiz time, why is this approached called Loc-A when the final approach course aligns with runway 23? Shouldn't it be Loc-23 ;)

Well, having been grilled on this approach back in 2005, I already know the answer (or, at least I think I do), so I'll let others respond. . . .

Well, having been grilled on this approach back in 2005, I already know the answer (or, at least I think I do), so I'll let others respond. . . .
My guess would be that the descent gradient is too steep to allow straight-in mins.

Definitely a nice little slam-dunk approach there. 5 degrees. Wheee.

Back