And another great man passes... Harve Presnell

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h4_Pho7lm0kPj4oU-FJYwBsbFi0gD995RCA00

Harve (HARHV) Presnell (prehs-NEHL')), whose booming baritone graced such Broadway musicals as "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" and "Annie," has died at the age of 75.

Presnell's agent Gregg Klein says the actor died Tuesday of pancreatic cancer at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica, Calif.

Presnell also appeared in the film versions of "Molly Brown" and "Paint Your Wagon" as well as "Fargo."

Harve was in a LOT of varied productions--a versatile actor--go look at his IMDB profile; sitcoms (Monk, Frasier, etc.) and movies (from Legally Blonde to Saving Private Ryan and Flags of our Fathers).

What's odd is I got an email from a friend just yesterday, about Harve... and then today this news of his passing. I'll share a bit of what she said, to tell a little more about the man.

...this one is dear to my heart and it is about Harve Presnell.

Harve has been living in Livingston, MT for quite a number of years now and when he would come into my store to shop, I never knew that he is an actor. He was always one of the kindest men I have ever known.

Although his wife Veeva would tell me that she keeps him very well grounded so that he would stays humble and approachable. I asked her why and she said it is because he is not only human like the rest of us, if he was ever to think more of himself than necessary then Hollywood had no work for him and they needed the income.

Harve is 6' 4" and Veeva is about 5' 2" tall. Harve has a deep love and respect for his childhood sweetheart, Veeva.

Harve is fighting for his life from cancer and from the sounds of things, the cancer is winning.

Before he left for California, he stopped by the store and gave me the biggest, warmest and longest hug I have ever had from him, he was trying not to cry, but I saw tears in his eyes as he told me that he was leaving and didn't know when he was coming back, but he would see me again and to stay faithful so that I could see him again as well. I asked him what is wrong; he just smiled, hugged me again as if I was a daughter or a close friend and said, `oh everything will be just fine.' He walked way minutes later wiping the tears from his eyes.

RIP, Harve...

Another great one. I loved his part in Paint Your Wagon.

And I hate cancer. I lost my Dad in May to complications from pancreatic cancer. RIP, Harve.

Back