Analysis: November 8, 2014 crash of N2152T

dmspilot

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DISPLAY NAME
This accident was previously discussed in these two threads, but only with speculation as there was never a follow-up after the final report came out:

I made an analysis video of this accident. DIdn't want to bump a 10-year-old thread just to advertise my video, so I'm posting it here instead.

My honest feedback - good information, but it felt like the video was longer than what it needed to be to present it.

The fact that there were sections where the information was narrated, and sections where it was just text on the screen didn't help. If it was all voiceover, I can just listen while I do other tasks. But having minutes of silence while we just have lines of text fading in and out adds an unwanted discontinuity.

As I said, it was still a good presentation. Don't let the 5% improvement needed shadow the other 95%. Looking forward to your next video.

It got me to read further into the survival and road to recovery for the student pilot. And the struggles he'd experienced before (and after). I am shocked he was able to get a medical with his history, but that's a conversation for another day.

My honest feedback - good information, but it felt like the video was longer than what it needed to be to present it.

The fact that there were sections where the information was narrated, and sections where it was just text on the screen didn't help. If it was all voiceover, I can just listen while I do other tasks. But having minutes of silence while we just have lines of text fading in and out adds an unwanted discontinuity.

As I said, it was still a good presentation. Don't let the 5% improvement needed shadow the other 95%. Looking forward to your next video.

It got me to read further into the survival and road to recovery for the student pilot. And the struggles he'd experienced before (and after). I am shocked he was able to get a medical with his history, but that's a conversation for another day.
Thanks for the feedback. I don't agree 100% but I understand where you're coming from and will think about it carefully for the next one. As for the length, I initially was shooting for only 15-20 minutes but I had a lot to say. ;)

Back