An Open Message To Chick Fil A

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Your commercials having Holstein cows making and holding signs saying "Eat Mo Chicn" is lame. Holstein cows are for milk and dairy, not meat. Old milk cows are made into soup, glue and dog food, not steaks. :dunno:

A message from the Nebraska Beef Counsel.

Beef. It's what's for dinner. ;)

That is all. :lol:

There, I feel better now.

Last edited:
Your commercials having Holstein cows making and holding signs saying "Eat Mo Chicn" is lame. Holstein cows are for milk and dairy, not meat. Old milk cows are made into glue and dog food, not steaks. :dunno:

That is all.

Sorta like the Buffalo Wild Wings "we're going to overtime" commercial when a touchdown is scored but before the PAT.

I really like the commercials if they drive down beef consumption. Fewer people eating beef=more for me! At least they're not running those stupid commercials where they talk about cows being tortured, etc. I really don't care how the dang thing got to my plate!
Funny side note--a guy I know from the heartland rode his cow to Chic-fil-a for lunch on cow appreciation day... They probably ended up having steak for dinner, though!

Last edited:
I Love Chick-fil-A.
Especially now that liberals hate them.
Now that liberals hate Chick-fil-A, I love them more.

Karen and I always joke that we feel like having some "Hate Chicken" and while munching on the sandwiches joke that "Hate Chicken is soooo delicious!" LOL.

OMG, I wish my Dad knew that you couldn't eat a milk cow, we were raised on them.

This old milk cow has hardware disease, (PoP) What's for supper ? milk cow.

The Chick-fil-a cows are just activist cows rallying for their disenfranchised and oppressed angus brethren who are unable to speak for themselves.

Your commercials having Holstein cows making and holding signs saying "Eat Mo Chicn" is lame. Holstein cows are for milk and dairy, not meat. Old milk cows are made into soup, glue and dog food, not steaks. :dunno:

Many poor dairy cows become hamburger.

I really don't care how the dang thing got to my plate!
I do.

My father in law is a meat and packing plant inspector for the state. We got to discussing .22 ammo over Christmas. It seems many slaughter operations still use a .22 rifle to put the cattle down. One place was using the cheapest ammo they could find -- lots of misfires and generally poor performance. He told of seeing them have to shoot one cow seven times. Told him I couldn't believe that was even legal -- it's not.

Cattle or no, you have to wonder about a person who would subject an animal to less than a swift, clean dispatch in order to save a couple of pennies a head. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live next door to them, and if I knew what plant it was I'd never buy beef from them either.

Ex-Steak taxes? ;)

rimshot.jpeg

Being from Atlanta, home of Chick Fil A, I see a lot of their commercials and billboards, I love them! I grow up on a farm, we raised beef cattle, still love CFA!
Our sick and diseased cattle went to the sale barn for slaughter,:hairraise: we ate the healthy ones.:D

I do.

My father in law is a meat and packing plant inspector for the state. We got to discussing .22 ammo over Christmas. It seems many slaughter operations still use a .22 rifle to put the cattle down. One place was using the cheapest ammo they could find -- lots of misfires and generally poor performance. He told of seeing them have to shoot one cow seven times. Told him I couldn't believe that was even legal -- it's not.

So what were they to do? Call 911? Take the animal to the hospital and treat it before they took it back to the slaughter house to kill it? :rofl:

Last edited:
Being from Atlanta, home of Chick Fil A, I see a lot of their commercials and billboards, I love them! I grow up on a farm, we raised beef cattle, still love CFA!
Our sick and diseased cattle went to the sale barn for slaughter,:hairraise: we ate the healthy ones.:D

You make a great spokesman for the industry. :mad2:

actually, at least one burger chain uses almost exclusively calves from dairy cows

When a dairy cow gets too old to be a reliable milker, they slaughter them and they go to chain restaurants that season/tenderize the crap out of it before it hits your plate.

actually, at least one burger chain uses almost exclusively calves from dairy cows

Yea, the bulls, get cut and feed out. There are several small operators around here that do that also. Big boned, large animals. Tastey when they are young, but old milkers don't make good steaks.

The Chick-fil-a cows are just activist cows rallying for their disenfranchised and oppressed angus brethren who are unable to speak for themselves.

I love it when places advertise "Angus Beef". You can take that crap, leave the Hereford and Charolais for those who know beef.

When a dairy cow gets too old to be a reliable milker, they slaughter them and they go to chain restaurants that season/tenderize the crap out of it before it hits your plate.

I doubt Applebee meat buyers specify "old milk cows" for their stores. ;)

They are not gonna waste the money butchering calves (unless it is veal) , not enough meat to be worth while for hamburger. Feeders would get them and feed them out for 18 months or so.

Back