An oldie but a goodie!

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
A fellow I knew only from SportPilotTalk.com flew the short hop from Collegedale, TN to Copperhill yesterday, so we could meet and maybe swap rides.

And we did!

I don't recall ever flying in an Ercoupe before. The lack of rudder pedals is a little odd, but I'm sure one could adjust fairly quickly.

Remarkable is that the Ercoupe is a 1948, making it one year older than me - and I'm pretty freakin' ancient!

Anyway, you can enjoy it vicariously!

http://youtu.be/oOrpEv0ZRtg

Nice video and VERY nice plane... :yesnod: Thank you for sharing. It looks like you guys had a great time.

TWO people?! In an Ercoupe?! on a moderately warm day?!!!!

And they walked away....

Seriously, they are cool little planes. Grossly underpowered but still a fun toy. I have about 3 hours in one from way back. I liked the no rudders, that's the way an Ercoupe should be.

Enjoyed the video. FWIW, here are a couple of pictures from my flight into 1A3 last Thanksgiving to visit my brother and his wife.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 26
Nice video,looks like it was a fun flight.

A fellow I knew only from SportPilotTalk.com flew the short hop from Collegedale, TN to Copperhill yesterday, so we could meet and maybe swap rides.

And we did!

I don't recall ever flying in an Ercoupe before. The lack of rudder pedals is a little odd, but I'm sure one could adjust fairly quickly.

Remarkable is that the Ercoupe is a 1948, making it one year older than me - and I'm pretty freakin' ancient!

Anyway, you can enjoy it vicariously!

Just seeing this, came across after queing the search bar. I see Randy out all the time in 761. He gave a friend of mine a little stick time after being gone from GA for awhile. Thanks for sharing Ed!

I finally found Copper Hill and Mineral Bluff. Went right over them yesterday afternoon heading home into the wind at 8500; descended to 6500 and gained 10 knots around Blue Ridge. Beautiful country!

Yes, it is!

But darn it, we NEED some rain!

30066049163_33423b5aba.jpg

41 days, with a trace on #29 here. None in the weekly forecast, just "0%" every day. We share your pain!

I finally found Copper Hill and Mineral Bluff. Went right over them yesterday afternoon heading home into the wind at 8500; descended to 6500 and gained 10 knots around Blue Ridge. Beautiful country!
It is beautiful country out that way! Ever stopped into Western Carolina Regl (RHP)? Nice little airport tucked in between the valley.

I swear it's been 2 months at least in my town (south of BHM). Leaves are dropping like crzy, and most of it's from lack of rain. Been in the high 80s the past week. Need rain and cooler weather!

Back