An awesome day

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
Let me preface this by saying I'm a fairly new pilot, about 150 hours.
My wife and I decided we wanted to go for a flight and she decided she would pack a picnic lunch for us.
Then where I work, the hospital is building a new hospital in the buildings back yard literally.
They asked me if I could take some pictures from the air.
No easy task as the building sets 1 mile inside Class B sfc space. So on my flight I flew toward KHOU and called ATC and told them what I wanted, he gave me a squawk code and let me take the pictures.
When SW comes near by building for RWY 4 they are apx 3000. ATC let me fly at 1000. It was such a rush to do this as I avoid ATC most of the time.
Secondly we left there and flew to. KLBX with our lunch. They have a great restaurant but they are closed until next year so we sat on the benches outside and watched traffics take off and land. Another blast of a time with the wife.
I worked on some things flying I needed too.
This was a near perfect day to fly and we made the most out of it, you just don't get them like this all that often

That's why we fly!
Just wanted to share my experience! Especially the B venture.

Private pilot taking commercial pictures. I'm sure someone will be along to speak to how illegal this is.

Aside from that, sounds like you had a great day as the title suggests.

Private pilot taking commercial pictures. I'm sure someone will be along to speak to how illegal this is.

Aside from that, sounds like you had a great day as the title suggests.

Sorry, not illegal. The purpose of the trip was lunch with the wife, he then was asked to fly by the place where he works and take a picture of the construction. No mention of money changing hands.

I've taken thousands of pictures from the air and had them printed in dozens of magazines, newspapers, Weather Channel, Fox News, CNN, ext. Commercial license is not required for free photography, and I use EXPERIMENTAL aircraft. :eek:

Last edited:
its pretty cool that u get to share this with the wifey. or, maybe she was sharing it with you!

Definitely a good use of the nice flying weather Texas is experiencing this week.

Good job!!

Sounds like a fun day. Yeah, Class Bs have always been accommodating to me for photo flights.

Yea the pictures were not for hire unless you count my regular day job money, hahaha
My wife is just amazing, I have not done anything she does not seem to enjoy with me. Today, I was showing her how to make the changes on the 696-
She has not said she wants to get her PPL as up yet.
One thing she was open to was take the short course that shows her how to land if something happened to me. She thought that was good idea.
But from camping to motorcycling to now flying and all things I between, I am a very lucky guy to,have a gorgeous babe hanging on my arm.

Merry Christmas every one.

Hey Mike: how long a flight for you to Tyler?

Yea the pictures were not for hire unless you count my regular day job money, hahaha
My wife is just amazing, I have not done anything she does not seem to enjoy with me. Today, I was showing her how to make the changes on the 696-
She has not said she wants to get her PPL as up yet.
One thing she was open to was take the short course that shows her how to land if something happened to me. She thought that was good idea.
But from camping to motorcycling to now flying and all things I between, I am a very lucky guy to,have a gorgeous babe hanging on my arm.

Merry Christmas every one.

Hey Mike: how long a flight for you to Tyler?
You didn't even that your gorgeous wife teaches motorcycle riding!

Sounds like a great day and what GA flying is all about.

Merry Christmas to you and Cindy.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm also a newish low hour pilot, and my wife and myself love nothing better than heading off for trips around the state enjoying our new found freedom.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm also a newish low hour pilot, and my wife and myself love nothing better than heading off for trips around the state enjoying our new found freedom.

that's cool. we enjoyed flying out of GIF and Jack Brown was my DPE.
Have you gone to Cedar Key?

You didn't even that your gorgeous wife teaches motorcycle riding!

Sounds like a great day and what GA flying is all about.

Merry Christmas to you and Cindy.

She is a awesome coach and school owner. She got her certification to teach CPR/First Aid and AED now and wants to transition from the hot asphalt to a room air conditioned.
She is wanting to get animal CPR certified as well.

We should be back in late March early April, so hopefully we can meet up again.

Lynn

that's cool. we enjoyed flying out of GIF and Jack Brown was my DPE.
Have you gone to Cedar Key?

Great little airport GIF, I fly out if there and LAL as they are both near our vacation home that is our base when over from the UK.

Also flown one of the Cubs a couple of times at Jack Browns sea plane base next door.

Yes done the Sunday lunch run to Cedar Key, first time visit was a little daunting, have to admit to doing a go around after a unsettled approach coming in over the gulf with the winds gusting. But second attempt got us in nicely without drama.

I understand things have changed a bit up at Cedar Key now, a security fence has been erected all around the airport, even less parking now I believe.

Another favourite trip of ours is down to Venice for lunch on the pier,
or over to Daytona, then catch a taxi ride to South Daytona for lunch on the pier at Crabby Joe's.

So many places still to visit just around Florida yet, then we will progress to some longer out of state trips.

Sounds like a fun day. Yeah, Class Bs have always been accommodating to me for photo flights.

Same here with the New Orleans bravo.

BTW, when they ask you if you're "ON STATION", they mean over your area to photo, not "listening on the frequency" :rolleyes: Seems obvious now, but I scratched my head the first time I heard it.

Great little airport GIF, I fly out if there and LAL as they are both near our vacation home that is our base when over from the UK.

Also flown one of the Cubs a couple of times at Jack Browns sea plane base next door.

Yes done the Sunday lunch run to Cedar Key, first time visit was a little daunting, have to admit to doing a go around after a unsettled approach coming in over the gulf with the winds gusting. But second attempt got us in nicely without drama.

I understand things have changed a bit up at Cedar Key now, a security fence has been erected all around the airport, even less parking now I believe.

Another favourite trip of ours is down to Venice for lunch on the pier,
or over to Daytona, then catch a taxi ride to South Daytona for lunch on the pier at Crabby Joe's.

So many places still to visit just around Florida yet, then we will progress to some longer out of state trips.

Sometime fly to New Smyrna EVB and go to the dock near downtown, there is a seafood restaurant there that is just terrific. It use to be called Sea Harvest, but has changed names, but it's at the marina!

I got transferred before I got to experience JB sea plane! But when we move back, I plan on experiencing it.

Will you be going to Sun n Fun?

Sometime fly to New Smyrna EVB and go to the dock near downtown, there is a seafood restaurant there that is just terrific. It use to be called Sea Harvest, but has changed names, but it's at the marina!

I got transferred before I got to experience JB sea plane! But when we move back, I plan on experiencing it.

Will you be going to Sun n Fun?

On our must visit list is New Smyrna EVB, I understand they are having a lot of protests from the local community who want the airport shut down, apparently there are so many flights each day with flight schools and GA pilots it's really bothering the folks who live near the airfield...

We will be at Sun n Fun, it will be our 5th year, we arrive back in Florida from our home in the UK at the end of February and will be there until end of April.

Let's coordinate a lunch fly-in in January!

Sure.

Also monitor the PnP board... there have been a few transpo requests originating in the Houston area coming to D/FW or passing through. Wade Roberts from Pearland brought up a Collie in his Cardinal and I took it on to Tulsa in my 182.

Back