An "Alaska Dustoff"

alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
By George, when we do a medevac around here, we do a medevac.

medivac.JPG

Unfortunately, I am in the back of the ambulance (no, I wasn't the patient :eek:), not in the front seat of the helicopter ;)

Thanks to the 68th Army Medical Company. As always. We usually do these ourselves, but it is nice to see the [SIZE=-1]UH-60Q coming over the hill when we need them.
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
That is cool Richard. Everything in Alaska is just BIGGER.

We just recently got our local volunteer fire department location designated as a landing zone for the one helicopter medevac service in the area.

http://aircare.umc.edu/aircraft.html

We finally convinced the state highway department cut down some scrub pines on the perimeter after they made their first landing, something we've been trying to get down for years. Now we just need a half dozen Tana balls for the powerlines.

Good pic! Definitely classier than the Messerschmidts they use around here...

Until you have to do an auto. I had one pilot tell me that he never has successfully landed one on a simulator -- crashed every time. And they don't practice autos in those things for that reason. Fortunately, they are VERY reliable.

RotaryWingBob said:

Oh are they back to using the 109's again. :)

RotaryWingBob said:
Good try, Anthony:D

MBB/Eurocopter/Kawaski/(plug in maker here) BK117

Yes, I did a presentation to MBB in King of Prussia several years ago. Philly truly is the hub of a lot of helicpoter stuff. I grew up near the original Paisaki plant in Delaware County which became Vertol, then Boeing Vertol, then a BJ"S Wholesale Club. :)

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/PA/Airfields_PA_Philly_S.htm

The Boeing plant moved to Ridley.

Last edited:
RotaryWingBob said:

Until you have to do an auto. I had one pilot tell me that he never has successfully landed one on a simulator -- crashed every time. And they don't practice autos in those things for that reason. Fortunately, they are VERY reliable.

Hmm, never heard that before.

I am definitely jealous of the room those military guys have. Many times I have to squeeze myself and the patient in the back of a MD500. Like trying to practice medicine in a phone booth with a giant buzz saw on top :eek:

Back