An airshow pilot's worst nightmare. Pray for the Franklins...

Crap....bad news, bad, bad, news.

I can say that his statement, especially the last bit, made me tear up. :(

Microbes always get us in the end. Very, very sad. So much tragedy in these families.

I've been following Amanda's trials and tribulations daily these past two months, suffering every set-back, and celebrating every milestone along with her. After reading the almost-daily updates, I feel like I know Kyle, even though we've only met at airshows...

Here I am working the front desk tonight at our aviation themed motel in Texas. It's Memorial Day Weekend, and everyone is here to have a great time. Meanwhile, I'm crying like a baby, having read that update. Words simply can't express how sad I am to see that beautiful young lady, so brave and pretty, in this condition. My heart goes out to Kyle...

I have not met either of them but that is a very sad story. :sad:

I have not met either of them but that is a very sad story. :sad:

Same here, I never even heard of them until I saw this thread. I'm not much on going to air shows, only been to a couple of them.

It gets to me when it is young people with their whole lives still ahead of them, it just seems so wrong. They're supposed to bury us, not us them.

What an awful shame.

John

I have never met the Franklins, nor have I ever seen their show, but I know about burn victims, It is horrendously painful. and one must evaluate the quality of life when making any decision wither to continue treatment or end the suffering.

It is the most painful decision any one can make.

My heart goes out to all who have the courage to face the decision.

"It is with a broken heart that I tell you that my beautiful girl Amanda passed away at 10:10 central time this evening. Beside her was her adoring husband Kyle, her mother Jeanie, her brother Matt, her sister-in-law Michelle and her devoted mother-in-law Audean.

Thank you all again for your love,

Goodnight and God bless Amanda,

Kyle"

RIP Amanda

"It is with a broken heart that I tell you that my beautiful girl Amanda passed away at 10:10 central time this evening. Beside her was her adoring husband Kyle, her mother Jeanie, her brother Matt, her sister-in-law Michelle and her devoted mother-in-law Audean.

Thank you all again for your love,

Goodnight and God bless Amanda,

Kyle"

RIP Amanda

The pain has stopped

RIP Amanda. Watch over Kyle and help him through the hard days to come. He will know you are there just as you knew he was there during the painful days of treatment.

I wish that we should all be so lucky to have shared our life with a family and soulmate who had a passion in common with our own like the Franklins and Younkins.

Back