An Absolute Hoot!

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
A friend, locally, has welcomed her Dad for a visit from Seattle, an annual occasion. Below is her account of renting a car.

"Only in Maine....Went to Hertz Car rental for my Dad to get a car. It was at the airport in Brunswick. We came in and no one was at the desk. We hollered a little into the back office,to let someone know we were there. The fellow out in the room with us, told us he would be right back, that he was re-fueling this same fellows Cessna. So when he got inside, he asked what he could do for us. We wanted to rent a car. After the paper work was filled out, he took his big coffee can and fished out of the can about 6 sets of car keys. And read to us what was available. We to a Chevy Cruz for dad. When we arrived home, they put the paper work in the glove box, and inside the glove box was two unopened big boxes of ammo. My dad said it was large caliber bullets of a pistol. Next day we returned the car, had the guy at the desk take the ammo out of the glove box, and we went to Enterprise car rental for a better rate and more choices of cars. How funny. Reminded me of living in Pixley where Green Acres takes place. The guy, doing car rentals as well as taking care of the planes fueling at same place. We are off this morning to LLBean's flagship store in Freeport, ME."

Here are a couple shots I took of her home(the red roof), a year or so ago. She and John have since had a steel roof installed.

HR

Attachments

• DSC05730 (a) (2).JPG
    DSC05730 (a) (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC05733 (SQ).JPG
    DSC05733 (SQ).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Should have asked if it was the rental place's ammo and if you could have it. Sheesh.

The whole story could easily be any small airport FBO out west here. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. :)

Back