Amsis

Globalpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Globalpilot
Has anybody here of the new amsis system that the FAA is developing or already developed? Google FAA amsis to find out what it is.

Andi don't have enough info on what this or what it's trying to do to provide a reasonable comment.

Is it making medical certification automatic/digital?
The discussion is too convoluted to comprehend for a country boy.
As long as it will finally start remembering what I entered last year, I am all for it!

Looks like a “requirements” document outlining what a system needs to be able to do. Then it goes to vendors for a “request for proposal” which leads to discussions and eventual bidding and contract award for some company to write the code, and most likely host the program to electronically process a medical application and approve the certificate.

What I do see in there is you have to pay the FAA to process the form, something not done with Med eXpress today. But the process will also retrieve any electronic medical records, drug prescriptions, online X-ray, cat scan, mri data, etc.. Then it will help you schedule with an approved AME who completes the physical exam, inputs data and if green lighted by the system, issues the certificate.

What I want to know is, does that FAA processing fee include the AME fee?

This is an old requirements document. The actual contract to do this was awarded to Tetra Tech in Feb for the actual development work.

It's an upgrade of the whole system. I suspect the back-end will be finished long before the public facing piece is, totally different security issues. It'll be a while before it's released into the wild.

This is the better integrated replacement to the AMCS which was developed "in the silo" by Dr. Silberman in 1997, TWENTY ONE years ago. What pilots see of this sytem is MedXpress, but the system manages files, manages personnel (harder to be deadwood), permits remoter users to have access (Wash. DC, regional offices, etc).

Remember, in 1997, 32 bit processing was the bleeding edge.

Looks like a “requirements” document outlining what a system needs to be able to do. Then it goes to vendors for a “request for proposal” which leads to discussions and eventual bidding and contract award for some company to write the code, and most likely host the program to electronically process a medical application and approve the certificate.

What I do see in there is you have to pay the FAA to process the form, something not done with Med eXpress today. But the process will also retrieve any electronic medical records, drug prescriptions, online X-ray, cat scan, mri data, etc.. Then it will help you schedule with an approved AME who completes the physical exam, inputs data and if green lighted by the system, issues the certificate.

What electronic medical records does it have access too?

Does the system have access to personal electronic medical files or just government files VA SSA?

Requirements are still being written? It would not surprise me to find a “release statement” for any online personal medical records to include military, Medicare and prescriptions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back