Ammo for everyone

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Ammo and more. Much, much more. The page is long but is easily viewed. Surely one will find something more worthy than a simple flame thrower. Actually, think of the FT as only a part of a larger personal arsenal.

https://www.unammo.com/

Well. I live in NY, so this website is fairly useless to me. Thank You New York politicians.

God bless America!

:rofl:

That place has been in business for years selling a lot of junk. There's some useful stuff there, but you really have to dig.

Lots of what they sell is ancient surplus and cheap imported stuff, which is fine, if you know what you're getting into. Some of that 7.62 old mil stuff will go bang for decades but might already be decades old in their collection there. Heh.

The imported standard stuff (handgun calibers, and some of the rifle stuff they have) shoots fine but is really dirty. If you need to save a few bucks, fine. Just get used to doing a lot of heavy cleaning. That S&B 9mm stuff is "okay".

Most of the more popular rounds like the 5.56 green tip is just outdated milspec stuff. It'll shoot fine and go bang fine. Won't be wining any long range accuracy contests with it. One of my rifles particularly likes the 62 grain green tip but not THAT much. That's also not a too awful price on 300 AAC Blackout, but note it's subsonic. Unless you're firing it with a suppressor (technically the reason the 300 Whisper and it's cousin 300 AAC Blackout were created, with Whisper being s wildcat round a few decades ago made from larger necked .223 Fireball cases and a .300 projectile and down-loaded to be subsonic), you'll probably be disappointed in the performance. Most .300 AAC Blackout is uploaded these days and folks are shooting it as a "hotter" round.

Lots of weird crap there too. The tracer rounds are pretty much useless unless you're into starting brush fires around here. .22LR tracer? LOL. Hilarious. No wonder they have piles of it.

Anyway... Well known junk dealer with a few useful things thrown in.

Was nice to see a real box of .44 Special loaded with flat heads for cowboy action shooting. That's a fun round. Fat big bore stuff that isn't punishing to shoot. But most folks shooting it are loading their own for stuff like that.

I got a kick out of the soda can launcher. That could be worth the price of admission. Haha.

My Colt M4 is a sub MOA rifle with Federal Green Tipp M855. I guess the barrel likes the 62 grain round being 1/7 twist. I am going to work up some reloads for it using 70 grain match bullets, so it should do even better.

I have not seen that webiste before, but I do buy from a few other on line retailers especially to get the stuff like 7.5MM French, and Makarov ammo.

You know, I was staring at my M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle parked in the garage thinking, "I should just sell that thing. I can't find ammo for it!" Well guess what, there it is. (Although the stuff they are selling isn't linked.)

My Colt M4 is a sub MOA rifle with Federal Green Tipp M855. I guess the barrel likes the 62 grain round being 1/7 twist. I am going to work up some reloads for it using 70 grain match bullets, so it should do even better.

with a 1:7, why not go with 80gr or 90gr, or at least 77gr?

with a 1:7, why not go with 80gr or 90gr, or at least 77gr?

I may go heavier/longer, just thought I'd start at 70 and work up, but I get what you're saying, the barrel twist should do well with those.

SS109 is some of the least accurate ammo out there. You all say it is accurate in your gun, but based on the testing done I've seen, it is really only good for a couple MOA. Not a big deal for plinking, but if you're shooting competition, SS109 is terrible.

I've seen that site before, mostly overpriced. The 7N6 isn't a terrible price, but I don't really need a case of that, when you can get non-corrosive for not much more money. Personally, I buy steel ammo for almost everything, unless there is a smoking deal on brass stuff. It's cheaper and makes no difference to the firearm.

Oh, I thought that was going to be Hillarys new campaign slogan....

Would have been way funnier if he'd have said it was Biden's...

http://youtu.be/ooPzr1vzmGY

Only if said in the spin zone. I didn't sign up for it for a reason...to avoid both the right and left wing whack jobs' asinine opinions...and I despise when it bleeds over into the "normal" forum.

We all know who the biggest offenders are...

I need some 7.62x54R for my long pop gun. Prices are pretty good, I'm sure they'll be fine in the field up to ~600Yd ish.

I need some 7.62x54R for my long pop gun. Prices are pretty good, I'm sure they'll be fine in the field up to ~600Yd ish.

Use this website http://ammoseek.com/. They aggregate all kinds of places into one place, you can sort by a number of things as well. You'll find a can of 54R surplus there for $129.80 at a couple different retailers.

Only if said in the spin zone. I didn't sign up for it for a reason...to avoid both the right and left wing whack jobs' asinine opinions...and I despise when it bleeds over into the "normal" forum.

Heh. You didn't like the song? :)

Use this website http://ammoseek.com/. They aggregate all kinds of places into one place, you can sort by a number of things as well. You'll find a can of 54R surplus there for $129.80 at a couple different retailers.

Was going to recommend that. Do have to watch out there, some vendors refuse to let them aggregate their data and have better deals. There's a couple of other under the radar aggregators that catch those because the vendors don't know they're web-scraping the data.

Folks here seem to like Freedom Munitions for professionally remanufactured stuff ... Have seen a lot of that used for plinking at the range.

And surprisingly, LAXAmmo when they have their parking lot sales in LA, they do similar or same pricing on their website either the same week or the week after. Just have to watch their shipping charges.

(I think it's funny that they have good prices in the Land of Tiny Magazines, because surely no one there can fire all those rounds from those tiny magazines to get economies of scale, right? LOL!)

I have some Jack Ross remanufactured stuff to try. Mixed reviews from problems in years past, but maybe they got their act together. I'm checking those over with an evil eye. I know the guy who is their vendor here locally, personally, so if they sucketh mightily, he's going to get an earful.

That's the remans. For standard plinking rounds that are brandy-new, it's really hard to beat WalMart. Seriously. Heh. No shipping and now that there aren't retired people going in and buying it all as soon as the truck arrives and the people hoarding the stuff have gotten bored or happy with their collections, it's fairly convenient to just walk in and buy stuff there.

WalMart did get cozy with the Croatian manufacturers throughout that process and some of that steel cased stuff they have runs really dirty. But works.

Bulkammo.com also sometimes has reasonable deals. They tend to be a little high but shipping isn't bad if I recall. They carried .380 Auto of a few varieties I wanted to run through a particular pistol a while back or I probably wouldn't have bothered with them, just on price.

One of the rifles likes that American Eagle .223 stuff that feels like it's a light load to me. Since it likes it, and it's cheap, I won't complain. It's also brass if you're saving brass.

Last edited:

From the OP:

7.62X54R Romanian Ammunition. Recent Production 2012 HeadStamp. 148 Grain Steel lacquer case berdan primed. They are packed loose 500 rounds in a good condition USGI 50 cal Ammo can.

$140.00

***165.00 shipped to lower 48 states***

33 cent/round.

From your site:

SGAmmo
Wolf 7.62x54R rifle 148 2m11s 500 round case - 7.62x54R 148 grain FMJ Steel Case Non-Corrosive Wolf Ammo - Old Stock 2009 TCW MFG- $179.75 500 $0.359/round plus shipping. The one above is 147 grain made in the 70s in Russia. No thanks.

From the OP:

7.62X54R Romanian Ammunition. Recent Production 2012 HeadStamp. 148 Grain Steel lacquer case berdan primed. They are packed loose 500 rounds in a good condition USGI 50 cal Ammo can.

$140.00

***165.00 shipped to lower 48 states***

33 cent/round.

From your site:

SGAmmo
Wolf 7.62x54R rifle 148 2m11s 500 round case - 7.62x54R 148 grain FMJ Steel Case Non-Corrosive Wolf Ammo - Old Stock 2009 TCW MFG- $179.75 500 $0.359/round plus shipping. The one above is 147 grain made in the 70s in Russia. No thanks.

Loose packed 54R of unknown "Romanian" origin versus Russian still in the spam can? I'll take the 1970's Russian ammo any day (in fact I have 3 cans of it now). I just picked up a half a case of Greek HXP 303 British ammo, probably from the 50s. 5c/round is a big difference. I guess if you are running a 54R semi-auto, I could see wanting non-corrosive.

Last edited:
WalMart did get cozy with the Croatian manufacturers throughout that process and some of that steel cased stuff they have runs really dirty. But works.

I wish Walmart wouldn't have dropped the ZQI brand of ammo. It's Turkish, made by MKE, and from what I've seen online about their manufacturing process, it's quality ammo. But, as long as it sits on the shelf, my Walmart has been blowing it out. M80 ball 7.62x51 Nato for $10 bucks a box of 20, yes please

Loose packed 54R of unknown "Romanian" origin versus Russian still in the spam can? I'll take the 1970's Russian ammo any day (in fact I have 3 cans of it now). I just picked up a half a case of Greek HXP 303 British ammo, probably from the 50s. 5c/round is a big difference. I guess if you are running a 54R semi-auto, I could see wanting non-corrosive.

Good for you. That's why there's an open market. Ruskie from the 50s? Prolly a lot better than anything they put up in the 70s.

Yeah, those far, right wing kooks who just want the Constitution to matter. So radical.

I despise when people are hypocrites.

Back