American Airlines Fleet Grounded: iPad Issues

I saw on the news this morning that it involved about 20 flights.

Maybe I should continue carrying a chart on the seat.

Has anyone heard anymore technical details including what EFB app was being used and if it had any effect?

Last edited:
I saw on the news this morning that it involved about 20 flights.

Maybe I should continue carrying a chart on the seat.

Has anyone heard anymore technical details including what EFB app was being used and if it had any effect?

"it appears the problem lies with iPad software, namely the Jeppesen Mobile Terminal Chart app used by American and approved for gate-to-gate use by the Federal Aviation Administration."

I've had the Jeppesen app crap out on me a few times. Seems to be because I just let my iPad go to sleep without actually shutting it dow for days or weeks at a time. A reboot of the iPad fixes mine.

The timing is a little interesting since the 28 day charting cycle ends at 09:01Z April 30. So if they pre-stage the updates it could have caused some sort of glitch.

Wonder if the passengers got refunds...

My sources tell me that the real reason for the grounding was that they found hairline cracks in the stewardesses. :yikes:

My sources tell me that the real reason for the grounding was that they found hairline cracks in the stewardesses. :yikes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Their 40 year old makeup finally cracked?

Back