Amelia Earhart mystery solved ... ?

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
New evidence (not new but verified) that her Electra sat down on an atoll.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/10/29/amelia-earhart-plane-fragment-identified/

EarhartFragment2.jpg

This piece of aluminum has been verified to have come from Earhart's plane. It was found on Nikumaroro, a small atoll. Along with other evidence of a castaway situation. :dunno:

Vacation funding. They have a radar target and are going back with an rov. Suck for them if they find it and the tighar party ends.

Vacation funding. They have a radar target and are going back with an rov. Suck for them if they find it and the tighar party ends.

Yup.. This whole thing must have been thought up by Bernie Madoff....

Ps... There is a sucker born every minute...;)

Very sad really. It is now a mystery for the ages. Even if the truth were told tomorrow, no one would believe it. Been too many false alarms.

Very sad really. It is now a mystery for the ages. Even if the truth were told tomorrow, no one would believe it. Been too many false alarms.

Agreed.. There have been TOO many people crying wolf...:mad2:

TIGHAR verified that what TIGHAR says that TIGHAR found on an TIGHAR expedition matches the Electra. No, wait. TIGHAR says it matches the plane that TIGHAR says the repair for the Electra came from....

...matches because planes are made of aluminum and TIGHAR says this is aluminum.

Let not forget that TIGHAR knows that Amelia was there because TIGHAR knows she rescued her face cream from the wreckage.

An expert in restorations says that those rivet hole patterns don't match either plane.

We need to have further TIGHAR expeditions. They can fly a Moller Skycar.

Personally, I really like the very last sentence of the article (emphasis mine):

Funding is being sought, in part, from individuals who will make a substantial contribution in return for a place on the expedition team,” Gillespie said.

He has persevered through 11 paid tropical island vacations. :rolleyes2:

Stop laughing.

If you look through their filings as a non-profit, you'll see he and his wife pull in nice salaries.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if I thought they were being straightforward about their "findings", but every time they come forward with something, their MO has been to assert that it is from Amelia's crash, then challenge "the world" to prove otherwise, all the while tossing out red herrings and otherwise failing to directly address the issues at hand.

That ain't the way it is supposed to work.

If you look through their filings as a non-profit, you'll see he and his wife pull in nice salaries.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if I thought they were being straightforward about their "findings", but every time they come forward with something, their MO has been to assert that it is from Amelia's crash, then challenge "the world" to prove otherwise, all the while tossing out red herrings and otherwise failing to directly address the issues at hand.

That ain't the way it is supposed to work.

More specificlaly the MO is:

1. Put out a press release in the Fall saying that new evidence has been found "by TIGAR*" that finally solves the mystery of Amelia Earhart's disappearance. In this case they did a rerun of previous evidence saying that they have new research on a previously found "artifact."
  2. Give the actual story detail which is they found a piece of junk on an "inhabited island**" that they have forced to fit or made up a story to make it fit. Again, in this case they a new story for the old artifact.
  3. More research is needed. Please help fund our next vacation in the Spring.

* TIGAR is Gillespie and his wife.
** The island has been inhabited. Finding evidence of human activity and their junk shouldn't be a surprise. It was also prominent during WW II so there are other war birds wreckages and casts off from military around.

Look for another "fact filled" Discovery series ala "The Mystery of Oak Island" and "Megashark," as they get money for the next vacation from Discovery.

Last edited:
Every beer can which washes ashore anywhere in the Pacific is proof of some fashion to these boneheads.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

I'll believe it when they find bones and accomplish DNA test, until then - just another re-funding effort... As the first airplane crashed, was brought back to the states for repairs, and a second aircraft was substituted, which aircraft does the piece of metal match?

So many skeptics,it's always nice to receive a self appointed salary,when you run a non profit.

New evidence (not new but verified) that her Electra sat down on an atoll.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/10/29/amelia-earhart-plane-fragment-identified/

EarhartFragment2.jpg

This piece of aluminum has been verified to have come from Earhart's plane. It was found on Nikumaroro, a small atoll. Along with other evidence of a castaway situation. :dunno:

The ONLY thing they have is a one of a kind metal patch that can be traced to the plane they want to find. They should be buying lotto tickets if they are this incredibly lucky to find the only piece of wreckage that can positively identify it. HMMMMMMm.

The ONLY thing they have is a one of a kind metal patch that can be traced to the plane they want to find. They should be buying lotto tickets if they are this incredibly lucky to find the only piece of wreckage that can positively identify it. HMMMMMMm.

These con artists are SMART....

They go to Wentworth's, buy some scrap.. Float the idea of a NEW find in fall, get funding from idiotic investors, for a winter vacation....

I am pizzed I didn't think of this kind of scam...:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::redface:

Back