Amelia Earhart’s Long-Lost Plane Found?

I don't understand why anyone would care. They were trying to find a tiny coral atoll in a vast sea using very limited navigational tools. They didn't find it, ditched and died. What more do we need to know?

I don't understand why anyone would care. They were trying to find a tiny coral atoll in a vast sea using very limited navigational tools. They didn't find it, ditched and died. What more do we need to know?
People want to believe she crashed and lived like the dude on Cast Away for many years .

Years ago my grandparents had a set of Amelia Earhart luggage-- like the photo, only in a slightly lighter shade. I always thought that putting Millie's name on luggage was sorta like painting ICARUS AIRLINES on the side of an airplane, but...

1707056368359.png
Gotta go, I have an appointment down at the Sweeny Todd beauty salon.

Years ago my grandparents had a set of Amelia Earhart luggage-- like the photo, only in a slightly lighter shade. I always thought that putting Millie's name on luggage was sorta like painting ICARUS AIRLINES on the side of an airplane, but...

View attachment 125057
Lol... how to guarantee your luggage gets lost

Clearly, the fate of Amelia and Fred (let's not forget Fred Noonan) has had and will have no impact on my life. What it does do is keep alive some awareness of the USA's exceptionalism, pioneering past, and its heroes. Today, when much about the USA is under attack as some sort of -ism, we need to be reminded of what we once were and what we could be again.

Is there an actual plan or timeline in place to get any verification on this? sending a sub down or whatever?
The few reports I've bothered to look at don't seem to indicate anything.... just they might have found it!
Maybe it is all about drumming up frenzy to develop some funding....

Back