AME Suggestions for Atlanta

K

KennyFlys

I'm shopping for a new AME in Atlanta or the north, northeastern areas. I'll take any suggestions you folks in the area might have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help you out on the north side. I will highly recommend Dr. Jeffery Curtis in Peachtree City. He is a doctor, pilot, and a nice guy.

Stacy Vereen, East Point (not far from ATL). Not N/NE, but worth the drive. Senior AME, mostly serves professional pilots but takes the occasional low end GA pilot. He is a pilot, has a good combination of respect for the rules and flexibility borne of experience. He is a curmudgeon but has his own charm. Recommended to me by Bruce Chien for my SI. At the time I was on temp work assignment in Atlanta, but I still go back (from Seattle) once a year. (But not only for that. Work takes me there fairly frequently, and usually I can work out a trip when my SI is due. But I would be tempted even without the work-related travel.)

HHH

John, thanks. I'll keep him listed.

Hunter, thanks for the referral. That name sounds familiar but perhaps it's from some ATPs I've been around. By the way, what is an "SI"?

Kenny, a "SI" is Special Issuance (only approved via OKC AFAIK). I have one as well due to being an insulin pumpin' diabetic.

I've used Glenn Kasow in Tucker a few times. Senior AME. Nice guy.

GLENN G. KASOW
2179 NORTHLAKE PKWY STE 109TUCKER GA 30084U.S.A.
(770) 491-9400

Now I use George Smith, kinda like a country Doc. Very easy to get an appointment with. Laid back office.

GEORGE L. SMITH
4166 NEWTON DR COVINGTON GA30014 U.S.A.
(770) 786-0643

I got these off the AOPA medical database. You can search it by county, city, etc.

Stacy Vereen, East Point (not far from ATL). Not N/NE, but worth the drive. Recommended to me by Bruce Chien for my SI.

I second this...same recommendation from Dr Bruce. Dr Vereen stays pretty busy, but he's a great one to have on your side...especially if something were to come up that requires an SI. He is the man in ATL to get it done!!!

Kenny, there is one that comes to mind that I would recommend you stay away from, but I don't necessarily want to publish the name on a public forum. If you end up looking in the LZU area, let me know, and I'll PM you which one I had some reservations about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back