AME in Denver area

121Dispatch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FltPlanner
Hey all - My medical is coming up for renewal for the first time since I moved to Denver, so I'm looking for any good AME's - preferably someone who specializes in dealing with SI's.

I used H. Stacy Vereen in Atlanta, and he was the best! Dr Bruce - do you know if he has an equivalent in the Denver area?

Thanks!

Mark Kolber "Midlifeflyer" or Greg Kainz should be able to direct you to someone. I know Mark flies and instructs at APA so he may have someone closer to home for ya.

Good point Kenny. I found Dr Ladwig, and he's only about 3 miles from where I live, which would be extremely convenient. I just want to make sure he is the best one in the area for an SI.

Good point Kenny. I found Dr Ladwig, and he's only about 3 miles from where I live, which would be extremely convenient. I just want to make sure he is the best one in the area for an SI.
You can also call a couple flight schools. They usually know who is the best to work with which also means easy scheduling and help with facilitating a SODA if necessary.

Dr. Bruce's suggestion, Stacy Vereen is on our school's web page as are a few other great choices. I also prefer an AME who holds a pilot certificate. To me, that's an indicator of an investment in aviation and not just another revenue stream. The AME I last saw gave up a career as a vascular surgeon to just do FAA medicals part-time and fly charter the rest.

Dr. Paddack has an office at Ft. Collins-Loveland Airport (FNL). His number is 970-461-3470. He got my Dad his SI after a 17 year hiatus from flying. Dad was in his late 60's and had a considerable list of issues to work through and Paddack was great. His practice is dedicated soley to pilot medicals and he mentioned he does about 25 a month. He is also a pilot and has a Skymaster.
Good Luck,
Izzy

I have heard that the person to go to in the Denver area for SI is Robert Sancetta in Boulder. I have heard good reports from numerous people. I don't use him myself because Boulder is about 1 1/2 hours away for me and I have no special problems. With my medical, that is... :redface:

My favorite guy re-re-retired and moved over to the western slope. I've used Dr. John Ford in Westminster, 303-252-7790 for my last 2 (handled my SI without a hitch, but granted, it was a renewal not a first issue)

He's just off Boulder Turnpike at Sheridan/120th exit.

Thanks for all the replies! my SI is a renewal as well...I think the original was in '04, so it shouldn't be a big deal, but it's sure nice to work with someone who is familiar with the process.

Wow! I've called all the docs recommended on this list - two are on vacation, and one is changing their medical record system and isn't available until June!

note to self - March seems like a tough time to get a medical in Denver area

Alright guys, I'll let this thread die out now, but just had a point I thought was worth mentioning to the Denver crowd...I called up Dr Ladwig's office (Quebec and I-70) to see if he was available. They said no appt's just stop in - so I did. In a very expeditious manner I was taken back, given the exam, a review over my SI paperwork, then off to the front desk. They typed up the certificate and said I was all set.

Now the best part - I asked how much the medical was, and they said "It's your first time here, so it's free!"

If anybody in Denver is tight on cash, or just wants to try a new AME, he seems to be the Doc to head to.

I used Ladwig when I was in Denver.. Great service! They usually give you a coupon too that you can pass on to someone for a free medical as advertising, but yes, the first one is free!

I used Ladwig when I was in Denver.. Great service! They usually give you a coupon too that you can pass on to someone for a free medical as advertising, but yes, the first one is free!
Now, if only lawyers would adopt this concept? :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back