AME/ aviation related accident

Rudolfmig

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rudolfmig
Went for my medical renewal the other day, and Dr asked me if I had been in any aviation related accidents. Didn't strike me at the time but surely the FAA/NTSB would contact your AME as part of the investigation process? If you sustain an injury you are obligated to report it, but if it's sustained during an aircraft accident I would assume the FAA would already notify your AME anyways.

Went for my medical renewal the other day, and Dr asked me if I had been in any aviation related accidents. Didn't strike me at the time but surely the FAA/NTSB would contact your AME as part of the investigation process? If you sustain an injury you are obligated to report it, but if it's sustained during an aircraft accident I would assume the FAA would already notify your AME anyways.
It's possible that your AME could see this or that on your record, but it's extremely unlikely that the FAA will actively contact the AME to inform them.

Kenny Phillips said:
It's possible that your AME could see this or that on your record, but it's extremely unlikely that the FAA will actively contact the AME to inform them.
I have been contacted both during and AFTER the investigation.......

The FAA medical app form 8500 used to have a question between #10 -15 that asked: "Have you ever been in an aircraft accident?" Y/N
Did not ask for explanation.

I have been contacted both during and AFTER the investigation.......
Makes sense. Would they not contact all the different AMEs that one would have used in the past? The FAA should already keep records submitted by AMEs after each medical examination.

I can see the FAA contacting the AME if medical issues may have contributed to the accident or if they have other reason to believe the pilot wasn't medically qualified, but otherwise why would they bother?

I can see the FAA contacting the AME if medical issues may have contributed to the accident or if they have other reason to believe the pilot wasn't medically qualified, but otherwise why would they bother?
Good point

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back