Am I the only idle clicker here?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I was told this is really irritating. I have been doing it for years....

When typing on a computer, if I stop to think about something, I'll sit there and triple click or quadruple click words to repetetively select and unselect the paragraph I'm working on. Sometimes, even if not typing, I'll do it to pretyped words and do it over and over and over. I never realized I did it, until a coworker freaked at me and told me to knock it off.

Anyone else do this, or am I really just an irritating guy?

When typing on a computer, if I stop to think about something, I'll sit there and triple click or quadruple click words to repetetively select and unselect the paragraph I'm working on. Sometimes, even if not typing, I'll do it to pretyped words and do it over and over and over. I never realized I did it, until a coworker freaked at me and told me to knock it off.

You're an irritating guy...:p

I'm not an irritating clicker but I do pound out (finger tap on laptop) the drums from "Tank" by EL&P.

And yeah, what Henning said.

I'd tell the coworker to buzz off. Other than that, I'll follow Henning and Jason. :D

.....snip..... until a coworker freaked at me and told me to knock it off.

Frankly, I think you just proved your coworker isn't... Working that is. They are obviously obsessing over what you are doing rather than keeping to their own business. I'd smack 'em and give them a good STFU!
Annoy this!

Frankly, I think you just proved your coworker isn't... Working that is. They are obviously obsessing over what you are doing rather than keeping to their own business. I'd smack 'em and give them a good STFU!
Annoy this!

That can have the rebound effect of a dead blow mallet upside the head in return, or some disgruntled (like there is any other kind) employee walking in with a bag full of full autos, "Click this M----- F-----!!!! BBBRRRRAAAAAPPPPP

One of our programmers at work does that too. And he bounced his legs a lot, as well. Nervous energy? He's one of our best, most productive programmers, though. So no, you're not the only one.

I am definitely a click and highlight as I read person. Also always leg-bouncing or foot-tapping.

Another board I read had a thread where we posted whatever was in our clipboard. Whichever linux distro I was running then would copy whatever you highlighted, so I was bound to have something interesting.

I do the same thing, and have for the past 15 years or so... probably longer.

So no, Nick, you aren't alone.

Back