Always the day before a checkride

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
e44eedf1e57265e57aa59bd244b636dd.jpg

The D-sub connector had fallen off the back of the blind encoder. Clip must have never caught the screw heads and it eventually vibrated enough it fell off. Or my bad landing did it. LOL.

Always the previous renter's fault. Runways are softer at Metro.

e44eedf1e57265e57aa59bd244b636dd.jpg

The D-sub connector had fallen off the back of the blind encoder. Clip must have never caught the screw heads and it eventually vibrated enough it fell off. Or my bad landing did it. LOL.
Cannon plugs. Everything should be cannon plugs. Yup, that's the ticket.

Cannon plugs. Everything should be cannon plugs. Yup, that's the ticket.

I've been using cheap-@$$ washing machine Molex plugs for forty years in my avionics kits and to date, not a single failure. Tell THAT to Cannon. And they don't require screws/bolts like d-subs, half the price, and without that damfool huge shell.

Just sayin'

Jim

I've been using cheap-@$$ washing machine Molex plugs for forty years in my avionics kits and to date, not a single failure. Tell THAT to Cannon. And they don't require screws/bolts like d-subs, half the price, and without that damfool huge shell.

Just sayin'

Jim
I was just joking about the huge assed plug secured by a nut that is sometimes difficult to install. No way to do a meaningful serial connection anyway....

Just sayin'

Jim

This D-sub is even more dumb. It has short screws the backwards direction and one of those sliding latches to capture the screws sticking out of the other side. Female connector, male on the blind encoder.

It’s really not much of a surprise the stupid sliding clip didn’t engage for the last person who touched it.

If they’d have just used the normal ones with screws that go through both halves of the connector... not that much better, but those sliding clips are stupid.

Back