ALWAYS ANOTHER DAWN, Crossfield

j1b3h0

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Doug
Great narrative by the man himself who first flew and subsequently help develop the X-15. North American's winged rocket ship ultimately went almost mach 7 and over 360,000ft. Crossfield was an engineer and it was his careful methods that prevented what might have been more fatalities. He, himself survived only by a whisker on a couple occasions. All the records got set by military pilots...after the bugs were worked out by the author. The Book is hard to lay your hands on - found a copy on amazon, for (better sit down first) $975. My lucky day when I found a copy at the library.

You should be able to find a signed copy for under $400 from "space" dealers. Unsigned, I've seen them go for under $100 on eBay. If you're looking for a signed one, try Boggs books or farthestreaches.com. Maybe lunarlegacies.com although he mainly sells at auction.

Weird, I have a copy on my shelf.....had no idea it was so valuable. Not that I would sell it

I always thought people who steal books from the library are just scum. But after I saw what the asking price for that book, I truly considered literary larceny. In the end, I just read it and returned it a week early.

Back