Flyhound

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flyhound
I wanted a picture of my plane and tent with a backdrop of stars. The Alvord desert is the place to go for that shot, so I loaded up the plane and headed out. It was the new moon, so the sky should be really dark. Well, it was but that darkness was not from the lack of a moon, it was the storm clouds that rolled in. It was not the adventure I had planned, but an adventure nonetheless...

I wanted a picture of my plane and tent with a backdrop of stars. The Alvord desert is the place to go for that shot, so I loaded up the plane and headed out. It was the new moon, so the sky should be really dark. Well, it was but that darkness was not from the lack of a moon, it was the storm clouds that rolled in. It was not the adventure I had planned, but an adventure nonetheless...

That was a trip down memory lane. I flew to the Alvord about 10 years ago. It was just in and out, I had dropped someone off there. Stayed about half an hour and left to go back home. There was some worse than forecast weather brewing to the South. I later found out they were in a Playa whiteout not long after I left and were hunkered down all night long. I found out later they blamed it on me for starting it. The ‘butterfly effect’:dunno:

Very nice.
One of the disadvantages of flying on the right coast is the lack of places to go off airport for "adventure flying".

Back