Aluminum Overcast

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
Flew into Centennial to see the B-17 that's been flying over my house all weekend. Got a bonus, the areas resident Spitfire was there also.

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13
That Spitfire was at Jeffco on Saturday, as well as a B-25 The "Martha Jean".

Bob,

I've seen B-17's in person before, but never get over seeing them again. I almost felt like I was in church when that thing rolled past and took off.

Greg,

I saw the B-25 at Jeffco on Friday when it flew in and landed. Three F-16's did a preview of their show also. Pretty cool.

The Aluminum Overcast got stranded in little old Ottumwa, IA for 2 days with mechanical problems about 5 or 6 years ago when I was an instructor there. It was great for us, they let me and my students crawl all through it every day. Didn't get to take a ride, but did get to fly in a B-24 a couple months later when they were in town selling rides. How do I get a job like that?!

The Wings Museum staff said it was a great success and have big plans for next year. Thanks EAA and Wings.

Wow, how cool is it to hear those big radials?!!!! Nice photos.

One of the luckiest moments of my life, about 10yrs ago mid-afternoon I just decided to run across the street for a coffee break. No good reason, just up and did it. Something said "Go get a joe" so I did. Walking across a big plaza, I heard a huge racket in the air. Looked up to see Fifi the B29 and a B24 in echelon fly over at about 2-3000ft. Loud and proud, baby! I can't even imagine what a whole squadron might sound like.

I'm glad that any warbirds are still airworthy and capable of giving us just a hint of what aviation was like back then.

flyersfan31 said:
Wow, how cool is it to hear those big radials?!!!!

Yeah tell me about it. Yesterday, our neighborhood was out for our annual garage sale. That B-17 pegged my house for its departure route for rides each time. When that plane when over, everyone just stopped and looked and listened. I got chills everytime and the smiles all around were priceless. I just had to go pay my respects today.

Laurie said:
The Aluminum Overcast got stranded in little old Ottumwa, IA for 2 days with mechanical problems about 5 or 6 years ago when I was an instructor there. It was great for us, they let me and my students crawl all through it every day. Didn't get to take a ride, but did get to fly in a B-24 a couple months later when they were in town selling rides. How do I get a job like that?!

How cool is that!!!! :D

Anthony said:
Flew into Centennial to see the B-17 that's been flying over my house all weekend.
Beautiful airplane! I got a good view of it landing on 17R as we were taxiing down Bravo for takeoff this morning.

Back