Alternative headset system for aviation

Threeeye

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Threeeye
Hi guys,
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, if it's not, I apologize.
I have a group (of 4) that we fly together.
The pilot has expensive headphones (that can connect to BT for music), and he has 3 more headphones that are basic (very uncomfortable).
I have an idea that will give all passengers and pilot that ability to have music with affordable headphones $200-$300 (not $800+).
So here is my proposal:
Since this is my first post, I can't post links...
Option 1:
I found good noise canceling headphones for about $200-$300 that connects with a 3.5mm jack
And I found a 3.5mm to General Aviation adopter
But what I need is a way to inject audio into it, and there will be wires throughout the plane...

Option 2:
(Way more expensive, but a lot more versatile and flexible and can be used not only for Aviation (also for a gun range, for example) with practically unlimited headsets)
This idea revolves around BT headsets (about $300) and a Raspberry pi/Tablet running Linux or Android
(Yes, I will need the 3.5mm to General Aviation adopters as well...)
But here is my problem:
If I connect the Rpi/Tablet to the pilot's port, the traffic control will hear whom ever speaks.
So I need a way to control which headset is allowed to send audio out

Thanks for reading my post, if you have ideas of improvements please comment

When we do fly 4, both my kids (20&23) are almost always listening to there own music thru there Beats bluetooth in the ear headsets. Sometimes they have the aviation headsets over the top, but usually not. Frustrating when I want to talk to them, but 9 time out of 10 they fall asleep anyway.

Many inexpensive aviation headsets have a 3.5mm jack for music inputs. My $200 ANR headset from Gulf Coast Avionics has one. Just plug in one of these

https://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/10335

and you’ll have a Bluetooth input.

I thought about this, but I think the point is that everyone listens to the same music...

If you’re willing to settle for a passive headset, the adapter plus this headset

http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/7364

solves your problem for about $120.

And as for this one, these are the headsets I'm trying to avoid...

I can't have them on to long, they hurts too much...

If you want everyone to have their own music, there's no need for BT. The easiest (and very cheap!) solution is simply to wear ear buds under the headset. Or, just use the 3.5mm jack to plug in whatever audio source you'd like.

You can get decent ANR headsets for under $300. I'm using a GCA headset, https://www.gulfcoastavionics.com/products/3583-gca-anr.aspx , that I picked up on sale for $200 at Sun-n-Fun a couple of years ago. With cloth ear covers installed I find them reasonably comfortable, and they have a 3.5mm input jack on the battery box so it would be easy to plug in an MP3 player, a BT converter, an iPad, whatever.

Thanks everyone for your input, it gives me a lot to think about...

Back