alternative AHRS for Foreflight

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
I am thinking about going with the Navworx ADS 600B ads-b in and out (UAT) instead of the Stratus ESG. Mainly in part is because I may want to upgrade to a pane GPS and it offers the ARINC protocol out for that to interface with it (trying to keep cost down and have more compatibility)

If I ditch my Stratus 2 and then just use the wifi on the NavWorx unit. I will lose AHRS from the Stratus. (I like this mainly for backup attitude, even though not certified, I am pretty sure it's better than nothing!) Are there any other options to get attitude info into the iPad/Foreflight? Perhaps a bluetooth unit ? It would be nice if the Navworx supported this!

I think the limitation is really Foreflight. Just about all the AHRS devices play with all titles on Android or iPad. The other exception would be Garmin Pilot, and it only recognizes a Garmin unit.

If you are handy, I believe the Stratux unit will soon have the kinks worked out of its ADS-B output and the device appears to work well with Foreflight. You might want to take a look at that if you haven't already.

I have flown the Foreflight AHRS under sim IMC to DA with a safety pilot. I am 99% confident I could fly the plane with a total elec system failure, in imc to the airport using only AHRS.

My CFI said he is going to try this with his other students.

Back