Alodine or No Alodine

Thank you! I think I will go with these guys as I bet those small amounts will be plenty for touch ups I would think as I’m assuming the stuff goes a long way, especially when doing chips and small flaked spots. I have one larger area I’m going to do if the touch ups elsewhere blend in nice color wise which I believe they will. Someone, not me, left a seatbelt dangling out pilot door so I think best touch up there is to just paint the whole section... or it would be a panel with 400 dabbed spots...

Any concern with alumiprep or alodine on surrounding paint? As in if I clean a dime sized spot to bare aluminum is it okay to apply the alumiprep and alodine to a nickel sized area then prime and paint a quarter sized area?
It may stain the paint. Do a small painted spot first & make sure it doesn't damage the paint physically- it is acidic and may depolymerize the paint.

It may stain the paint. Do a small painted spot first & make sure it doesn't damage the paint physically- it is acidic and may depolymerize the paint.

Makes sense I was just thinking with touch up spots that it’s gunna be hard to get the whole bare spot without touching some paint...

Back