Almost time for a plane.

chartbundle

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
chartbundle
So, my new part-travel job starts in 2 weeks and so I can maybe, finally justify a plane. Of course, I'm also planning to move to Oregon, so I have to move first and then buy the plane so California doesn't come after the Sales/Use tax without going through a bunch of hoops. So, not nearly as close to buying a plane as I hoped.

So, my new part-travel job starts in 2 weeks and so I can maybe, finally justify a plane. Of course, I'm also planning to move to Oregon, so I have to move first and then buy the plane so California doesn't come after the Sales/Use tax without going through a bunch of hoops. So, not nearly as close to buying a plane as I hoped.

Yeah, there are some hoops. I went through the run around with them a few years ago. I'm pretty sure you don't have to move before you buy. Just buy out of State and DO NOT take it into California until you have established residency in Oregon. If it helps to get a start on it and get a hangar/tiedown in Oregon before you actually move, look into it. You could even buy a California airplane as long as you take delivery outside of California. Check with an Aircraft Broker, they know how this works.

Yeah, there are some hoops. I went through the run around with them a few years ago. I'm pretty sure you don't have to move before you buy. Just buy out of State and DO NOT take it into California until you have established residency in Oregon. If it helps to get a start on it and get a hangar/tiedown in Oregon before you actually move, look into it. You could even buy a California airplane as long as you take delivery outside of California. Check with an Aircraft Broker, they know how this works.

Also blocking your tail number and oopsing on entering your tail on fuel pumps will help with that.

California has a serious problem with it's government, people need to start starving the beast.

that's for autos only.

Yea, I can pump 60 gallons into a plane with a device with no auto-shutoff, but can't be trusted to fuel a car.

I am seriously considering a diesel car and finding a place with self serve diesel(which is legal, if not common).

OR hey? No pumping you own gas there I hear? No other choices?

Well, ya can do your own Diesel and Motorcycles although a few stations have a "company rule" against it. There are membership "card lock systems" you can do you're own there. Self serve aviation is ok of course.

That was a LOOOONG time ago. Shouldn't you be retired (or dead) by now? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50, and I've been semi retired for the last 30 years.:lol: I should have been dead 40 years ago, but I keep walking away from wrecks wondering, "how?".:rofl:

Also blocking your tail number and oopsing on entering your tail on fuel pumps will help with that.

California has a serious problem with it's government, people need to start starving the beast.

LOL. I moved out when I could. The US Supreme Court has had to knock California down a peg or two before regarding taxation.

Back