Almost Done

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
As some of you may know, I joined the Air National Guard last year! I have been gone and in training since I joined due to the amount of training that is required for Weather in the Air Force.
I went to San Antonio for Basic Training on June 5th of last year, graduated from there on July 23rd and went directly to Keesler AFB in Mississippi for 8 months of forecasting school. Upon graduation from forecasting school I came to Camp Blanding in Florida for some guard training and currently am still here until July 25th of this year.
Overall, I have met some great people, had some great experiences and learned a ton about weather, which is very interesting to me, but.........
I am looking forward to getting back home and doing a lot of flying, and spending a lot more time on the board. I never thought I would miss it as much as I do.

Just an update,

Hey Rudy glad to hear you are well! It will be good to have another individual on the board in addition to Scott who can help figure Wx out for those of us perpetually frustrated. Just look at my prog chart post LOL. Any way glad you are enjoying yourself! And good to hear from you.

So what are your expectations for ongoing service?? Are you in the one-weekend-a-month crowd right now? Do you anticipate a full-time call-up?

Welcome back. PLEASE feel free to share your new knowledge!!!!:yes:

So what are your expectations for ongoing service?? Are you in the one-weekend-a-month crowd right now? Do you anticipate a full-time call-up?

Welcome back. PLEASE feel free to share your new knowledge!!!!:yes:

As of August I will be one weekend a month! As an estimate, I would say that I will have a call-up, most likely Kosovo, but it will be a year or so! I have a year of college left to finish and hope to start putting in for Pilot positions at the unit, it would just be a bonus, I enjoy weather and can see myself staying in it for a very long time, if the pilot slot doesn't work out!

Best,

Nice to hear from you Rudy! Now we have another source of answers to our weather questions. ;)

Its great to hear from everyone again,
I will be around a lot more,
Thanks to all for the words

Happy Fathers Day,

Welcome back Rudy. Good job on school and such. How is ole Keesler doing these days? Especially after the pics I saw from Katrina, it looked mostly underwater.

I was stationed there in the early 1980's. There were still a few signs of the devastation form Camile to see. Did you get to President Jefferson Davis' home? What a shame to loose that important part of American history. I hope they can rebuild it.

Also is the triangle still where the students are bunked?

Welcome back Rudy. Good job on school and such. How is ole Keesler doing these days? Especially after the pics I saw from Katrina, it looked mostly underwater.

I was stationed there in the early 1980's. There were still a few signs of the devastation form Camile to see. Did you get to President Jefferson Davis' home? What a shame to loose that important part of American history. I hope they can rebuild it.

Also is the triangle still where the students are bunked?

Keesler was good, Katrina took out almost everything on the beachfront(i thinks its US90), so they were still rebuilding! The triangle is still all students home and where I stayed for the 8 months, I was ready to get out of there, but now when I look back on it I had a pretty good time!

Best,

Back