Almost done!!!!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey everyone,

Went on my last long cross-country today. To Emporia, Ks it was an awesome day and took me 2 hours round trip. What a blast!!

Now all i have to do is make 2 landings at a controlled airport solo and then fly with Diana's husband Tom for 3 hours and im ready for my checkride.

Rudy said:
Hey everyone,

Went on my last long cross-country today. To Emporia, Ks it was an awesome day and took me 2 hours round trip. What a blast!!

Now all i have to do is make 2 landings at a controlled airport solo and then fly with Diana's husband Tom for 3 hours and im ready for my checkride.
Rudy, that's great that you enjoyed your cross country trip. Are you going to use JLN for your controlled airport?

I think you'll enjoy flying with Tom. (I usually do) :)

Rudy, sounds good! I remember that trip--about 250 hours ago! Now here I am preparing for my IFR X-C. Even though it is only 300 n.m., and I did a 3,000 (yes, three thousand) n.m. trip this past summer, I am starting to sweat! That super-long trip I did didn't count, as I really wasn't ready for it, and still was being coached by my CFII.

Rudy, Congratulations on a successful long XC! Can you fill us in on the ride? Where were your stops and did you encounter any interesting challenges or see anything special on the way?

I remember the biggest kick of my long XC was flying right over Dover AFB and taking a couple pictures of the big birds while overhead. :) Nice folks, those Dover controllers! :)

Rudy,

I don't know who you've been flying with so far, but I bet you're really going to enjoy flying with Tom. You'll be ready for the check ride when he turns you loose. You're in the home stretch now!

Chip

Rudy said:
Hey everyone,

Exciting isn't it? I did my first solo 150 nM cross country Saturday from SRC to BVX to ARG TO M60 TO SRC. Best time I've had so far. I need to do another one, 3 into a CT airport probably LIT and my precheck ride training and hopefully I'm through. I think the weather is supposed to be nice in Arkansas this weekend!
Gary

Thanks all.
And just to follow up yesterday my grandpa went ahead and sent me over to JLN and i made my two landings there. I'm sure it will be a blast riding with Tom and Im pretty excited about that.
When i went to EMP i had absolutely nothing challenging it was a great day and i had smooth air the whole way.
Yesterday was challenging though pretty good gusts at JLN and pretty turbulent air the whole way, I had fun with it though. There isn't anything like touching down smooth and straight when you have such a crosswind

Thanks again

Rudy said:
Yesterday was challenging though pretty good gusts at JLN and pretty turbulent air the whole way, I had fun with it though. There isn't anything like touching down smooth and straight when you have such a crosswind

Thanks again
Rudy, you're so close now, that's wonderful! Will you give me a ride sometime after you get your license?

Yesterday Tom flew down to Tulsa in the Skyhawk to pick me up and said it was pretty choppy on the way down. I flew it home, but it was dark by then, and a smooth ride all the way home. :)

Yeah It was a little choppy. Oh well at least you got the smooth ride haha.
I will definitely take you on a ride. I was planning on it even before you asked. It is a fun airplane to fly

Diana said:
Rudy, you're so close now, that's wonderful! Will you give me a ride sometime after you get your license?

Yesterday Tom flew down to Tulsa in the Skyhawk to pick me up and said it was pretty choppy on the way down. I flew it home, but it was dark by then, and a smooth ride all the way home. :)

Someone was in Tulsa and didn't call me? You guys suck! :mad: You could have at least told Tom to park at our hanger and I could have saw you guys! Oh well, I will go and pout to my wife now....:)

Rudy, Congradulations! Make it down to Tulsa sometime if you get the chance. You go Boy!

Brent Bradford said:
Someone was in Tulsa and didn't call me? You guys suck! :mad: You could have at least told Tom to park at our hanger and I could have saw you guys! Oh well, I will go and pout to my wife now....:)

Uh oh........oops. Oh, now I remember. I stopped and asked if you were there and they said you were off listening to music somewhere. ;)

BTW, where is your hangar?

Brent Bradford said:
Rudy, Congradulations! Make it down to Tulsa sometime if you get the chance. You go Boy!
Will do, i don't think it is that long of a trip at all, I will have to plot that one out and see. I will definitely let you know if im going to head that way.

Is that jet yours or what do you fly?

Rudy said:
Thanks all.
I'm sure it will be a blast riding with Tom and Im pretty excited about that.

Thanks again
Hey Rudy, Tom said he enjoyed flying with you. :)

Last edited:
Tell him i enjoyed it too!
Im a little more comfortable now, and i hope tommorow i make some better landings. Tell him im excited about doin it again tommorow.

Back