Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate

Attachments

• map_usa_blank.jpg
    map_usa_blank.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 108
That's pretty cool Ed.

All the guys want to be him, all the girls want to be with him.

Not bad, Ed.

I figure in a couple of years there ought to be a few decommissioned aircraft carriers around. You want to go half's on renting one to refuel on the way to Hawaii. Maybe, we could get a POA flyin going and get the price split up even more! Just a thought.:dunno: :D

Barb

Where's the Canadian chart Ed?

I haven't been to Canada since I was 6 months old, and I'll start logging those when next year I...

*taps foot in impatience*

There are fifty states ya know...

...finish off the 49 states accessible by Cherokee.

Not bad, Ed.

I figure in a couple of years there ought to be a few decommissioned aircraft carriers around. You want to go half's on renting one to refuel on the way to Hawaii. Maybe, we could get a POA flyin going and get the price split up even more! Just a thought.:dunno: :D

Barb

We could probably build a couple floating docks that we could anchor cheaper. Put em in the shipping lanes and have em toss a couple drums of 100LL on them. 800' or 1000' x 100 should be plenty, and they should always align with with wind if anchored at one end. 2200 miles from California, so, what, one every 400 miles or so? Hmmmmm, could be an interesting project, wonder if we can get financing?

We could probably build a couple floating docks that we could anchor cheaper. Put em in the shipping lanes and have em toss a couple drums of 100LL on them. 800' or 1000' x 100 should be plenty, and they should always align with with wind if anchored at one end. 2200 miles from California, so, what, one every 400 miles or so? Hmmmmm, could be an interesting project, wonder if we can get financing?

Anchoring in the Pacific would be quite an accomplishment, even ignoring the potential for big waves. You're talking somthing like 50 miles of cable in the 35,000+ ft depths between Hawaii and the mainland. I'd wager that this alone would cost many millions. It would be a lot cheaper to arrange for airborne refueling. Let me know when you get the financing.

Anchoring in the Pacific would be quite an accomplishment, even ignoring the potential for big waves. You're talking somthing like 50 miles of cable in the 35,000+ ft depths between Hawaii and the mainland. I'd wager that this alone would cost many millions. It would be a lot cheaper to arrange for airborne refueling. Let me know when you get the financing.

Sea anchors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_anchor

At least it will slow down the drift.

But probably easier to just have a ship keep station.

Back