Almost....almost!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Well, the FAA says they are still processing applications dated March 31st or before, but today, they officially started listing me as:

DOI : 04/08/2005
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s):

PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

I think I'll be getting my real license soon!!! Yay!

I remember the feeling when I opened to envelope and saw my pilot's license for the for the first time. It's a real feeling of accomplishment. I hope you get it soon.

Jeannie

Ya' know Nick, I'd forgotten to check how I was listed!

FYI, the date was at 3-25 all last week, and switched to 3-31 around close of business Friday. They tend to leave it on the same date all week, and update at the end. My date being 3-29, I'm checking the mailbox quite regularly... expecting it today or tomorrow actually. Hmm, what's that sound..... is that the Mail lady? :goofy: ... :no:

Once you show up online, it takes about 3-4 days for the plastic cert to arrive.

I remember getting my permanant license and being disappointed at how cheap and rinky dink it looked. The paper one looked much more official. I thought the 'real' one looked like something a sixth grader had done in art class and considering all the work and sweat that had gone into it, felt gyped. The new plastic ones are much better and reflect the pride of accomplishment much better.

Congrats to you SkyHog. It is a great feeling to be one of the few to receive one of these. Have fun and share your flying with friends and family.

sere

Kyle Thornley said:
I remember getting my permanant license and being disappointed at how cheap and rinky dink it looked. The paper one looked much more official. I thought the 'real' one looked like something a sixth grader had done in art class and considering all the work and sweat that had gone into it, felt gyped. The new plastic ones are much better and reflect the pride of accomplishment much better.
I agree - it's part of why I had mine laminated right away, somehow it looked more "official" wrapped in plastic.

Liz

Back