Allow myself to introduce myself?

catmandu

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Catmandu
Um, am I missing that part of this place?

Just curious, as I spent most of the afternoon looking for the neato cool way to show everyone where you have aviated, and put it in your signature, even photo shopping Hawaii into the picture because that was about the neatest GA thing I have done.

[edit: although I can't seem to get my cool signature gif to show up just yet! Must be a server update thing . . .]

But if we don't do that here, that's cool . . .:cheerswine:

Last edited:
Um, am I missing that part of this place?

Just curious, as I spent most of the afternoon looking for the neato cool way to show everyone where you have aviated, and put it in your signature, even photo shopping Hawaii into the picture because that was about the neatest GA thing I have done.

But if we don't do that here, that's cool . . .:cheerswine:

Lots of people do, but I have not clue one how... there's a thread here about it somewhere.

In any event, welcome to the best front porch on the aviatin' interweb!

welcome!

you have to have 5 posts to add an attachment, and thats probably why you cant get the map thing in your sig line. keep contributing, glad to have you here. what do you fly and where are you from?

Welcome, keep contributing.

Welcome!

To make the attachment, go to http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/, create the map, and save it as a JPG to your computer.

Then go to the User CP (Control Panel) User CP, Browse for the image you just saved, and click "Upload". The final(?) step is to click the link that says Insert Signature Picture. At least, that's what I remember. As others have said, you might have to have five posts to do all this!

Again, welcome to the board! And you can tell us all about yourself here! I've heard that Hawaii is really fun. Never been, myself. :(

Edit: Oh, and the BEST way to introduce yourself is to come to one of our get-togethers. I don't know where you're located, but we're having one at 6Y9 in Michigan's Upper Peninsula this weekend! Look at the sub-forums under Place to Fly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome, I had figured out the map maker, now I suppose I shall wait for the 5 posts (it looks so VERY nice when I preview a post!).

I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore, fly traffic planes (172's) in the DC FRZ to scratch the flying itch, have aspirations to build or buy an RV-something to scratch my fighter pilot itch, and just did my BFR with Chesapeake Sport Pilot to have the option of going to things like 6Y9 when I can't steal a plane from work (won't make it this time, though).

Tend to lurk on many boards, but make comments when warranted (some constructive, some tasteless, usually humorous :D).

Thanks for the welcome, I had figured out the map maker, now I suppose I shall wait for the 5 posts (it looks so VERY nice when I preview a post!).

I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore, fly traffic planes (172's) in the DC FRZ to scratch the flying itch, have aspirations to build or buy an RV-something to scratch my fighter pilot itch, and just did my BFR with Chesapeake Sport Pilot to have the option of going to things like 6Y9 when I can't steal a plane from work (won't make it this time, though).

Tend to lurk on many boards, but make comments when warranted (some constructive, some tasteless, usually humorous :D).
Okay, we've answered the question; you don't need five posts for the signature! Your map looks just great! Did you add HI by hand, or use a different site?

Have you been lurking here long, or should we give you the standard spiel? We have a number around with similar interests.

I tend to make comments both when warranted and not, and often attempt to be humorous and almost as frequently fail! :)

OBTW, am I the only one who hears Bob Seger singing in my mind's ear, after seeing "catmandu"? :dunno::D

OBTW, am I the only one who hears Bob Seger singing in my mind's ear, after seeing "catmandu"? :dunno::D

I keep hearing the Rolling Stones after reading his thread title

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name.......

Pleased to meet you

That's the one that came to my mind as well.

And welcome Catmandu! :cheerswine:

Slick! Two posts and I AM somebody!

Lurking and poking around for a few weeks, have a pretty good sense of the place, spiel me if you like.

I googled for an outline map of HI, then photshopped it to size and color, and merged it to the standard map. HAD to have that one: did the 'instructional' 1/2 price tour out of Kona in a C-207, loaded with 5 family folks. I realized later it was the one and only time I have flown my father, my aviation inspiration, so a special, spectacular flight.

I've been called 'Cat' since high school, first syllable of my last name. Became my aviation call sign, as I didn't do anything too stupid so as to necessitate a change by my peers (see: Vapes, Skid, Torch, etc.). One fine fellow took to extending and singing it to the above mentioned Seeger tune, and it sort of became the call sign version used on the ground. Ten years ago I took to using it when registering on the web, since we get to be all secretive and anonymous like that (too many feline lovers out there to use plain old Cat, that is never available). The thread title is of Austin Powers origin (yeah, baby!).

Pleased to meet you

Rolling Stones? How about Blood, Sweat and Tears.

David Clayton-Thomas really rocked on those lyrics.

Gotta stick with RS, it was one of the few RS songs that I liked. I was and am more of a Who man.

:cheerswine:

Saw their (first) farewell tour at JFK Stadium in Philly, with REM (or maybe The Hooters), Santana, and The Clash. I personally thought the Clash outdid the Who, but it was an awesome day any way you slice it.

Sorry, Cat, that there was a thread hijack. Welcome!:cheerswine::cheerswine:

Welcome aboard, I see you haven't flown to OR. and ID. You are missing the boat there.

Picture: On short final to Big Creek, ID.

Attachments

• 9054N on short final Big Ck.Id..jpg
    9054N on short final Big Ck.Id..jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 12
Welcome, Richie Cunningham!!!!!

:D

Love that movie.

Welcome aboard, I see you haven't flown to OR. and ID. You are missing the boat there.

Picture: On short final to Big Creek, ID.

Big Creek is beautiful, isn't it??? I think it's prettier than Johnson Creek by far.

OOPs, another thread hijack........

Thread hijackery fully condoned! :p

Have you met my wife, Oprah?

GA in Oregon is on the list, trust me! Did the 'River Wild' many years ago, and all I could think of was, "what a place to fly!"

Back