All three Las Vegas airports will charge a $3,000 landing fee during F1 races

It gets worse.

After destroying a Ferrari from not properly fastening down utility covers on a course where the cars have massive ground effects.

“Sorry, we can’t use your outrageous ticket revenue to pay overtime to the security staff, so go home. Here’s a $200 merchandise voucher. We’ll run the practice session after y’all leave”

The disastrous opening day, which eventually featured an extended 90-minute track session until 4 a.m. in front of empty grandstands, followed months of hype from Formula One including claims that it had the potential to be "the greatest show on earth".
In another statement posted on Friday night, again which did not include an apology, F1 confirmed anyone who had a one-day ticket for Friday would receive a voucher for race merchandise.
There has been no refund or discount announced for anyone who purchased a three-day ticket.

I won’t link to the original TikTok, but here’s a Reddit upload of private security muscling fans away from viewing the track on a pedestrian overpass.

Note-apparently our forum software automatically converts old Reddit addresses to the new one that requires an app to view. I put the link in quotes to bypass that. Cut and paste the first link instead.

“https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/17y6li7/las_vegas_hired_security_guards_so_residents_and/“

IMG_4309.png

Last edited:
So if you’re going to crap all over your fans, I guess you have to make your money by bilking the taxpayers that have no choice.

So if you’re going to crap all over your fans, I guess you have to make your money by bilking the taxpayers that have no choice.
With a 12am pst race start time, the fans in Vegas or anywhere in the US were never part of the target market.

With a 12am pst race start time, the fans in Vegas or anywhere in the US were never part of the target market.
When you‘re throwing the fans out that want to see it at 2 am, you’re crapping on them. So make a bunch of money from US taxpayers and screw US fans.

When you‘re throwing the fans out that want to see it at 2 am, you’re crapping on them. So make a bunch of money from US taxpayers and screw US fans.
Replace “want to see” with “paid through the nose to see”.

Left at 10 am today. Very busy FBO but there wasn't any kind of gate hold or "call for engine start". It was a very pleasant experience all things considered. I expected madness.

Back