All I want for Christmas

azpilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
azpilot
Growing up in AZ (Phoenix area), I've never seen snow on Christmas. But this morning, we were treated to full blown IMC. I'll take it.

Merry Christmas! 20211225_083710.jpg

We have perfect IMC practice weather this morning in central IL. The guilt of going flying on Christmas is keeping me on the ground.

We have perfect IMC practice weather this morning in central IL. The guilt of going flying on Christmas is keeping me on the ground.
No instrument rating and five kids on Christmas morning is keeping me grounded as well.

The problem with IMC here in the Phoenix Metro is that it's often accompanied with a freezing level between 5,000 and 7,000 feet. Just exactly where you'd be flying around, being vectored for approaches.

I'm fortunate that it's common for me to fly on Christmas - zero guilt. It's simply the best, and my wife either accompanies, or sends me on my way with a gingerbread cookie and cup of coffee.

Since we'll be celebrating Christmas on Monday when the kids arrive, I could easily go flying today and would have, if the weather was decent... but it's IFR in Connecticut too, the rain is washing yesterday's snow away. But tomorrow looks OK if there's not too much wind behind the front...

Airplanes need love too. As soon as our parents leave.... I'm going flying....

Then I'm going to come home and watch the "Memphis Belle" blu-ray I got this morning.

lil windy to be flyin today, otherwise I’d be grabbing an afternoon flight to nowhereinparticular.

b047c6f0ff8b19df1d038c5ad753eaa4.jpg

Back